one

In the beginning, you were a normal human being at the age of being a toddler. Everything was its usual routine until a team of gem aliens snatched you and a few other humans up. They placed you all in a ship, and drove you to what they called "The Human Zoo".

During that time, you had no idea what was going on. You looked around to see other humans crying in their cells and screaming to be let go, but you didn't know why. The only trouble you thought that you were in was that your human guardians weren't there with you.

You didn't understand that you should've been terrified.

Being a bored little two-and-a-half-year-old, you started to make a conversation with nothing. It was something you had always did. You were babble on nonsense to the air as if someone was there, and-- to say the least-- it annoyed people.

An orange being with an oval-shaped gem on her forehead growled. She ran her hand down her face and slammed her fists onto the cell bars, shouting at you to shut up. You gasped and jumped backwards, your eyes wide with fear. Your bottom lip began to quiver and suddenly you were bawling.

The gem sighed and stomped away, fuming with anger and frustration. I hope I never have another mission to that miserable planet again. The lifeforms there are so annoying! She thought harshly.

You cried yourself to sleep, rolled into a little ball in the corner of the cell. When you awoke, all of the other humans were gone. You sat up and yawned loudly, your eyes sticky from crying before you went to sleep. You rubbed your eyes with your fist and stretched your legs out.

A purple-colored gem appeared at your cell. She looked friendly-- in your opinion-- even though she was very muscular and tall, but you were still afraid. What if she yells at me like that other woman did? You thought, your little heart racing in your chest as the cell opened.

"C'mere lil' guy. I'm not gonna hurt ya," she cooed, getting down on her knees. You sniffled and shook your head, pushing your back into the wall. Without further hesitation, the gem scooped you into her arms and stood. You thrashed around, but she wouldn't budge. It was as if she were made of rock. You wailed loudly, squirming in her embrace.

She suddenly halted when a loud-- but soft-- voice rang out, "Amethyst?" The gem quickly spun around and made a diamond sign with her hands, accidentally dropping you in the process. You scurried behind the larger gem of which had spoken, clutching onto the fabric of her clothing with your eyes pinched shut.

"I-I'm sorry my diamond!" the amethyst stuttered, obviously shocked. The diamond chuckled, "It's quite alright, Amethyst. Please, be on your way. I will personally take this human to the Zoo." Amethyst nodded-- not even attempting to argue.

"Uh, yes, my diamond," she said politely, and then hurried away. The diamond craned her neck to look at you, grinning at how small and adorable you were. She reached a hand down and stroked your hair, causing you to squeak and pull away from her.

You were shaking violently, horror written clearly in your (E/C: eye color) eyes. The gem frowned, "Pearl, please calm the human down." A smaller gem appeared and made her way over to you. Her short, blue-colored hair covered her eyes, and a pretty gem was embedded in her chest. She awkwardly patted your head, "It's okay, human." You sniffled and looked up at her, giggling quietly.

"Pretty," you mumbled, causing Pearl to blush a dark blue. You stood on short, toddler legs and wrapped your arms around the gem, squeezing her in a hug, "I like you."

Pearl looked up at her diamond. Blue motioned for Pearl to continue, so she patted your head again and said, "I like you, t-too." You giggled and nuzzled your face into her dress.