"So will that bring the side effects back?" I asked, thinking back to the times Zach used to be hard to be around due to intense side effects from his seizure meds.

Jesse nodded.

Poor Zach.

"So are we going to the party tonight?" Connor asked Jesse, without looking up from his phone.

"Nah, I've got to get back to the flat. I'm almost positive he hasn't eaten since I left this morning."

"Katelyn can babysit Zach," Connor offered.

I shot him a glare. "No she can't."

Jesse laughed. "I should get going."

"Tell Zach I hate him," Connor whined.

"I'm getting out of here," I said, standing up. "I'm meeting Jenica for dinner."

"No!" Connor exclaimed. "You have to go to the party with me because Jess is backing out."

"I'm not a Hollywood party person."

"And I'm not backing out," Jesse corrected. "Zach's irritable and sick and someone has to put up with him."

"Take care of your 21-year old sick brother or hit up Savannah Register's party?" Connor asked, raising his eyebrows at Jesse.

Jesse rolled his eyes.

"Irritable and sick," Connor added.

"Is he irritable because he's sick?" I asked Jesse.

"Yeah," he agreed. "And the meds exacerbate his irritability, making it ten times worse."

"Sucks to be you," I said, clapping him on the back before I left to meet Jenica for dinner.

As I made it out my car, I was hit with a memory.

"You have a show Zach," I argued, curled up on the bathroom floor.

"You're more important to me than any show," he promised, taking a seat on the bathroom floor. "You're sick and I'll be here for you. End of story."

I sighed, stopping as I reached my car.

I knew the right thing to do, even though I didn't exactly want to do it. So I went back inside.

"I'll do it," I said to Jesse.

"You'll do what?" Jesse asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"I'll watch Zach while you two go out tonight."

Connor pumped his arm in the air, letting out a groan as slowly brought it back down, cradling his stitches.

"Why the change of heart?" Jesse asked.

"Who the hell cares? We're going to Savannah's party," Connor announced.

"You're sure about this?" Jesse asked, unconvinced.

"I owe it to him."

"You do," Connor agreed.

Jesse rolled his eyes. "I have to run home before we go out."

"Okay," Connor agreed. "Meet me here in an hour."

"Meet me at the flat in an hour?" Jesse suggested to me. "And bring dinner."

Zach and Jesse never keep food in their flat.

"Okay," I agreed.

~*~

"I can't believe you cancelled on me," Jenica whined, as I pulled into Jesse and Zach's flat.

It had been over two years since I'd been here.