What's Wrong with Him ?

Karla's pov

     Watch out dammit! This boy doesn't mean anything to me but he shouldn't have his life taken. I jumped in front of the guy with the knife. " I wish you would." I gave him a blank stare. " Since when did you care? I thought you're the ice princess." He smirked. " I don't care, doesn't give you the right to take another person's life."

" Who says?"

" Who says you can? Show me where it says you can. You're human just like he is. I wouldn't dare doing it."

" What are you going to do about it?"

" You really want to see?"

" You don't scare me."

" I will now." I lunged for his arm, grabbed his arm, twisted it and put it behind his back. "Fuck! That hurts you stupid bitch." He squealed in pain. I yanked the knife out of his hand and let his arm go. " Now what was that you were saying?" He backed away terrified. That's what I thought. Alyssa burst through the door screaming " WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!"
"Your buddy there was about to put an end to your beloved Joel." She looked at him and her face went pale. " I told you only the ice princess not my Joel !"

                  Joel's POV

       So she's believed Karla had a thing for me? I don't know how or why she assumed that because Karla has been giving me the cold shoulder. I wish she would like me. What she did for me was dangerous but yet very sexy. I wonder what goes through her mind. As I watched Alyssa chew out the guy for not hurting Karla my blood began to boil. She's went that low to hurting someone who doesn't do anything to anyone. "What the hell Karla ever do you?" I snapped. "Why are you defending someone who doesn't care for you? She doesn't act normal like normal teens. She's hated by everyone. There's is nothing special about this girl and you defend her?"

" Just because she's different doesn't make her a bad person. She hasn't done anything to anyone to make them hate. So what gives you the right to decide what happens to her? Who are you to decide? I defend her because she's innocent and her being different attracts me to her."

"What the hell is wrong with you"? Alyssa looked at me with tears in her eyes. I don't have to take her shit. I'm not going to stay shut. " I guess everything is wrong with me. Never go after Karla again because next time it's not going be pretty. " She ran out the room crying. I don't care about her. She can throw her fits if she wants.

                       Karla's POV

       Did he just really confessed his feelings? What's wrong with him? Does he not realize they're going to make fun of him? He's out of his mind. I can't believe he defended me. That's the first time someone defended me without knowing me. It's kind of cute.  Wait what the hell am I thinking? Emotions are useless, why should I even be attracted? What the hell is he doing to me? He's getting inside my head. Everytime I try to not to think about him and he manages to slip his way in. What's so special about this guy that he's in my head?

       As I was deep in thought I hear someone calling for me. I turned around and it's Joel. " They didn't hurt you did they? I swear if they did.." I cut him off. "No I promise you didn't hurt me. Are you okay? That guy was practically about to take your life."

"No I'm fine. He wasn't gonna do it. I wasn't gonna let that happen. "

"Uh huh sure. Why are you so interested in me when you barely know me. Most people have a hidden agenda when doing so."

"I don't have a hidden agenda. I honestly want to get to know you. The fact that you're not like everyone is quite refreshing.  You're special." My cheeks got a little warm. What's wrong with this guy? He's so weird but seems different.  I might give his guy a chance , but I just don't know if I should. It wouldn't hurt to try. "You might get to know me, just would have take it one step at a time. No flirting." I stated. A huge smile appeared his face.  "Oh okay, yeah I understand. How about we go out for some coffee tomorrow? It's not a date I promised. Just to talk and get to know each other."

"Okay, that sounds alright. Just remember no flirting at all. Just talking. "

"Of course, just talking."

     I don't know what I'm getting myself into but I hope he respect what I said. "Where and what time?" I asked. "Starbucks, but I'll come pick you up. Around noon."

"Oh well, okay. What's your number? How would I know you're there to pick me up and you would need to know my address."

"Yeah that would be a good thing to know." He took his phone out and I put my number in. "Well see you then."

"See you then." He said with a smile on his face. He's so weird.

      Joel's POV

     I can't believe I just scored a date with her and got her number. I really thought she was gonna refuse. I gotta tell Jeremiah.  I left the room and went looking for Jeremiah.  He's probably still with everyone else. I pushed through the crowd and I found him talking to a girl, like always. "Dude I gotta tell you something important." This girl is not important. He told the girl to give him a few. " What's up dude?"

" Guess who got Karla's number?"

"How the hell you get it?"

"After I caught them trying to harm her I talked to her to see if she's okay. She thought I had a hidden agenda when I protected her."

"Why would she think that?"

"I'm guessing most people do. Anyways, I told her I want to get to know her more and she's letting me. I just can't flirt. Tomorrow we're going for coffee at Starbucks."

"Oh shit! Look at you go. You better not mess it up."

"I know, I'm the first person to actually get to her."

"Exactly so don't be stupid."

" I'm not a kid I know."

"I'm just saying bro."

"Yeah I know."

I can't wait for tomorrow.