FINAL CHAPTER: The Decision Part 2

Start from the beginning

"...Why?" He questioned gravely. You pulled out the piece of paper from your pocket and dropped it in front of him. "What's this?" He asked. "Kacchan's letter?"

"No. YOUR letter, Izuku." You replied calmly. He looked up at you in bewilderment. "Wait! How did you know that I wrote it?!" He gulped, swinging around the bench to face you.

"I recognized your handwriting from the notes you gave me. I was studying them and noticed that it looked familiar. Look." You pointed at the letter. "You curl your T's and F's a certain way." He blinked, obviously speechless. "Kacchan lied about sending the letter. He couldn't write something that thoughtful and his signature was in completely different handwriting." You paused, the anguish of guilt resurfacing. "I'm so sorry, Izuku." You don't think you have ever heard your own voice sound more sincere than it did at that moment. All you could do was pray that it wasn't too late.

"Sorry for what?" He asked. You gawked at him, frozen in place.

"For how I treated you." You said. "I was so cruel to you. I feel terrible." You fought back shameful tears.

"It's okay, F/N!" He replied to uplift your spirits. "You didn't know I wrote it. I understand why you did what you did." You were still in shock that he bared you no ill will. You were almost compelled to convince him to be angry with you. You deserved his scornful judgement. To be honest, you probably deserved worse... but no wrath fell upon you.

"Why didn't you tell me?" You asked him in earnest, brows knit together. He put his finger to his lip in a thoughtful sort of way.

"I guess... I didn't want to hurt anyone else's chances." 

'So you hurt your own chances...' You thought to yourself. Leave it to Midoriya to sacrifice himself for the sake of others. It was part of his beguiling charm and certainly one of his best qualities. Yet even against all odds, he still managed to captivate your heart. You smiled widely at him, your chest brimming with affection.

"I have something for you." You said, feeling your cheeks burn with anticipation. You sat the box on his lap.

"This is for ME?!" He asked, pointing to himself in disbelief.

"Of course it's for you!" You guffawed. "It's green and has All Might all over it! I wanted to make that as obvious as possible so you wouldn't fret about it all day. Don't you think if it was for Kacchan, I would have put flames on the side of it or something?" You gushed.

"Why didn't I think of that?" He blushed in embarrassment, reaching for the ribbon with slightly trembling fingers. You caught his vivid emerald eyes, which were waiting for your permission. You gave him an encouraging gesture. Immediately his hesitation transformed into bubbly enthusiasm. He tore into the tacky All Might wrapping paper with reckless abandon. His shoulders hunched over as he peered into the box. "There's a lot in here." He observed, eyes widening. You started noticing other people watching your encounter.

"It's all special, just for you!" You exclaimed, fighting the urge to take him in your arms and carry him home with you.

The first item he pulled out was the mug you had made for him. "It's a picture of you and me and Thundersteel... DID YOU PAINT THIS?!" He shouted, petrified by the amount of effort that must have gone into it. "Mhm." He noticed a small package inside the cup. "Hot cocoa mix... with All Might marshmallows..." His amazement continued to grow.

"Aw! It's perfect for him right down to the last detail!" Ochako cooed from across the table. You beamed at her triumphantly.

"You know, since we're waaaay too young to drink coffee." You joked back to her, validating Izuku's past argument. A couple of people laughed with you. You looked back at Midoriya, whos expression had completely changed. He was holding the letter you wrote to him. His hand was clutched over his heart and little droplets were forming at the corners of his eyes. A collection of "aw"s echoed from around the table. He breathed your name shakily, sending a tingle down your spine. You remembered how intimate the letter was. It was pretty much your whole heart written down on paper. Him seeing it in the public eye made you slightly uncomfortable. "It's kind of long." You said, making an excuse. "You can finish it later. There's one more thing." He sniffed once and nodded, wiping his eyes once on his sleeve before continuing. He held the letter against his chest and pulled out the last little envelope with green glitter on it. You awaited his reaction on the gift to rule all gifts.