Prologue

My mom and dad were mad with me. I smiled nervously at them, but they just glared at me. They always knew what I was capable of. I had weird powers, I could levitate things.

We had to move so many times then my brain could count. My mom was always that woman who hated a girl, sometimes I heard her thinking. "Why couldn't we have a boy instead." and that made me very miserable.

My dad, on the other hand, was always with her. but not always, he just pretended too. Inside he was always with me.

They stop the car and pull me out. "This is our new home. I don't want to move again, do anything you can to hide that power of yours." My mom announced.

Our neighbors were gathering around us to welcome us. Our house was newly furnished It was a light blue color. With flowers along the sides. Marble flooring on our driveway.

My mom grabbed my arm. "come along now." she said.

After hours of exploring the house, I smiled to myself. It looked comfy. My room was blue, my favorite color and it matches the house. My cat Lily came into the room jumping on my arms. I chuckled and stroked its long luxurious fur.

Then my mom called me.

"Dinner here. No funny tricks Miss," she said and took a seat next to my dad. I then saw Lily want the salmon on my plate so I used my telekinesis to give her some. My hand did its little wave and flick then the salmon landed on Lily's bowl perfectly.

"I SAID NO MORE USING THOSE FREAKY POWERS!" my mom exclaimed. I shook the back of my head and smiled nervously. "Sorry." After dinner, I went to my room to unpack. 

My dad was walking around the house painting the guest bedrooms. My Gran, aunt, and cousins are coming over. That's so exciting, except they don't know I have powers. And I still can't control them so I have to stay away from them for a while.

My moms say, "let's book her a hotel." my dad just agrees to see as it's the only option at hand. but is it? I mean it's my home, my privacy. I should live the life I've always wanted, surely right?

I'm now in my hotel room, looking through boxes of pictures my mom left for me. I understand she;s just trying to look after me as a mother should do. But I just have a feeling she doesn't care about me.

I sigh as I flick things back in its box.

I can't wait for school.

Hopefully, it goes well.

Will my mom let me though? I mean I can't be around humans that much with a power I CAN'T CONTROL. I was born like this. My mom says it didn't happen to her. That in the 21st century this mysterious power of telekinesis is with me, somehow.

I wonder why?

Was I cursed with this?

Because I can;t even make friends, it's like I'm a darkness which can't have friends. I can't be anywhere near anyone. Except for my family.

I really want to explore the world and make exciting new friends. But then I have anxiety and am very depressed. I'm still staying up till 3 am int he morning can't sleep. I have to....the darkness slowly took over.

Jumping through the streets, people shouting. My mask was on. The night was surrounded with me. I realized I was killing people again. I had a knife in my hands with blood all over, it's not my fault I couldn't control the darkness within me. There was always a good side and bad sid of me. The bad side always happened when I felt miserable and lonely. I've never felt like this before. Was it because I've given up using this power. "ahh!" someone screamed as I stole an apple, biting into the juiciness of it and throwing it on the sidewalk. 

I ran and ran, on the rooftops, doing ninja moves. The night had thousands of stars surrounding me. I was now one with the darkness. And it's hard to admit, but I loved it. I knew the little good girl inside me loved it because she had a boring and miserable life, where she was always trapped and locked up in that solitary confinement home of theirs. But here I definitely knew she loved it. she loved it so much. That once she wakes up any second now....she'll crave for more. and once she does, I'll accept the request and we'll both become what we've always dreamed of.

Freedom.

**

hope you enjoyed!!

SO..... Lucy has a good and bad side of her. she wears a mask and kills people. she is probs a villain you know, as she has powers. but will the darkness really take over....?

You'll have to find out very soon, ion next chapter. Maybe summer it might come out. along with my other book Mrs. Treachery. 

Bye now.