Coincidences | larry au

"Harry are you ready to go on?". I nodded. Shaking a bit. That's normal though. It's scary being out there, in front of all those people. Judging my every move.

They could either be like "oh he's really shit" or "I like his style, what's the band called?" There's no in-between.

I stood with my guitar behind my back. Fingers drumming into the side of my thigh. I looked over at Niall who grinned at me. He's never nervous. He has his guitar behind him as well. Texting someone on his phone. I guess he doesn't really have much to worry about, as long as he plays the right notes and joins in at the chorus he's alright.

A make-up artist came over and brushed some powder on my face. Muttering about how I didn't want to look shiny under the lights.

And the lights were big. This is a big stage. Were playing the main stage at Glastonbury. How insane is that. If you'd have told me that the band would be this successful I would have asked you what kind of drug you're using. I never expected this.

"This is gonna be sick Harry". Zayn said putting his arm over my shoulder. His bass also hung behind him. Zayn was really talented. Not only was he an insane bass player, but he could also sing. And when I say sing i mean insanely sing. Don't get me wrong I can sing, I'm the main singer. But when me and Zayn do it together, or he sings a song on his own. It's magical.

Josh walked passed. Drum sticks in hand. He looked nervous. Finally someone else in this band who was nervous. He shot me a glance but then carried on getting powder applied to his face.

The four of us huddled together. We always do this before we go on stage. Pep talks. It's the only way to keep me from losing my shit and crying.

"Were going to be fine boys, were going to smash this ok. I love you, we've got this". Niall said confidently. We all nodded. "Hands in". We all put our hands in and said the usual. "3..2..1..rock on". I know that sounds cliche but we've done it ever since the beginning and there's no way were stopping now.

We all walked up to the side of the stage. We watched the previous artist say their goodbyes to the crowd. The crowd were loud. Good crowd I thought to myself. As soon as we watched the artist walk off we were given the two minute call.

We stood in the wings looking out. The crowd couldn't see us but we could see them. There was a girl in the front row who had a poster saying 'drummers do it harder'. I pointed it out to josh which caused him to laugh and confess it's true. We all sniggered at his response.

"You're up now boys." I felt a shove on my shoulder from one of the backstage helpers. I took in a sharp intake of breath and walked on to a massive scream and loads of flashing lights.

"GOOD AFTERNOON GLASTONBURY". I shouted into the mic causing the crowd to roar even louder. "ARE YOU HAVING A GOOD TIME?". I smiled at the crowd. Buzzing off the adrenaline.

"Well were The Wanderers and here's a little song we wrote about you". I looked round at josh who lifted up his sticks to bring the countdown.

"1 2 3 LETS GO"