Chapter 24: If Only It Was Always Christmas

Comenzar desde el principio

I laugh with her to ease the little tension. "How long have you and Prince been dating?" She asks in all seriousness.

I hear Prince snicker and I snicker with him before truthfully answering her personal question. "No, we aren't dating. We are just really close friends." I honestly say.

"Oh. My bad. I didn't mean to cross any boundaries." She quickly apologizes.

"No it's fine." I say with a slight chuckle.

"Kate! I'm finished! You can do his makeup now." Kim says before sitting next to me where Kim was sitting.

"Oh. Well, it was nice meeting you, Ms. Rushen." Kate says before shaming my hand.

"Please, call me Patrice." I say before returning the handshake.

"Well, uh, it was nice meeting you Patrice." Kate says with a giggle before rushing to Prince's side.

"Are you ready to knock this out in two takes, Prince?" Dave asks Prince, who is already standing ready on the stage.

Prince simply nods before looking my way. I flash him a bright smile and the ok sign before the director calls out. "Ok aaaannnnddddd PLAYBACK!" Dave shouts.

The song that is supposedly "about me" starts and everybody's eyes are solely fixed on Prince yet it doesn't seem to phase his shy demeanor at all. He is just up there doing his own thing and doing it oh so well.

It's crazy how my little peanut is all grown and what not, acting all sexy and what have you

It's crazy how my little peanut is all grown and what not, acting all sexy and what have you. He's 21 but still. Ugh, you don't understand how confusing this is for me.

Then, he wants to go and point at me right before going into the hook, causing the twins to look at him, then back at me before giggling. I just continue staring at my best friend, who has me mesmerized.