Chapter 5: Heated Dates-Part II

"Ok well can you go and stall him or something?" I say in a panic.

"Why do you sound so nervous? You used to date him or something?" Angela asks.

"Are you nosy or something?" I say in a mocking voice. "Just go do it." I say with an attitude. Angela scoffs.

"Yeah ok whatever." Angela says replying with the same amount of attitude before shutting the door. I just scoff and turn of the shower. I'm not going to lie about the fact that I have been avoiding Prince's calls. I'm just not ready to talk to him because I don't know what I am supposed to say with these ongoing feelings. And ya know, I have a boyfriend now- I think... Well, I guess that I have to speak to him now since he called and possibly get my friend back. I grab my purple (what a coincidence) towel and wrap it around me. I put on my green flip flops and run into my room, leaving a trail of water behind me. When I enter my room, I see Angela talking to Prince on the phone.

"Well of course she is an amazing musical artist. What do you do for a living?— That's cool. How old are you?— Oh! Me too! You like my sister?—" Angela says in a offensive tone of voice.

"Ok Angela, that's enough. Give me the phone." I say quickly before snatching the phone from under her ear. "I'm sorry about that. Hello?" I say narrowing down on my attitude.

"It's nice to finally here your voice again, short stacks." Prince says. His words cause my heart to flutter a thousand beats a second. It feels so weird but amazing at the same time. "You know, I really missed you. We haven't spoken in a while." Prince says lowly.

"Yeah well I guess we both have been a bit busy lately, huh?" I say shyly. It's not a complete lie. I have been busy with my album these past weeks.

"Yeah, I guess so." Prince replies before there is a short silence between us. "So I was calling because I wanted to know if you are going to be free on April 7?" Prince asks.

"Well, what's the event?" I ask.

"My album release party. I need for you to be there, short stacks, but the only thing is that it is in Minneapolis." Prince says nervously. "Before you even try to say no, I will even buy your round trip tickets, first class or whatever I need to buy to get you down here. Just don't say no." Prince pleads.

"Who said I was gonna say no?" I say with a smile.

"You mean you were gonna say yes?!" Prince squeals in excitement.

"Of course I am." I reply with a smirk.

"Well in that case, I can return my round trip tickets." Prince says returning back to his normal voice.

"Since you offered, I will keep those. Thank you very much." I say in a playful attitude.

"Fine. But the sooner you get here, the better." Prince states in a much softer tone.

"Yeah. But it's about a month away." I say with a chuckle at his eagerness.

"Well I just missed having you around. That's all." Prince says in almost a whisper.

"The feeling is mutual, Peanut." I say with a smirk. "As much as I have missed you, you know the drill." I say with a yawn.

"Yeah, I know. Go get your beauty sleep, short stacks. Love you." Prince says nonchalantly. At first, I'm shocked at the phrase. I wasn't expecting 'I love you's '. It probably doesn't mean anything anyway.

"Love you too, Peanut. Goodnight." I say before placing the phone back on the hook. This is just too much for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PRINCE'S POV

"Well of course, she is an amazing musical artist. What do you do for a living?" Patrice's sister ask.

"I'm a musician." I simply say.

"That's cool. How old are you?" She questions.

"19." I reply.

"Oh! Me too! You like my sister?" Patrice's sister says in a offensive tone of voice. Before I could reply I start to hear murmurs in the background but can't make out the words. Then, the voice that I have been waiting to hear, answers the phone.

"I'm sorry about that. Hello?" Patrice says with a bit of an attitude. I ignore it and move on.

"It's nice to finally here your voice again, short stacks." I say. My words are no lie. I haven't heard from her in two weeks and four days. That's a long wait in my book. I'm glad that I finally got to hear her voice again. The next thing is seeing her in person. "You know, I really missed you. We haven't spoken in a while." I say lowly.

"Yeah well I guess we both have been a bit busy lately, huh?" Patrice says. It's not a complete lie. I have been busy with my album these past weeks.

"Yeah, I guess so." I reply before there is a short silence between us. "So I was calling because I wanted to know if you are going to be free on April 7?" I asks.

"Well, what's the event?" She questions.

"My album release party. I need for you to be there, short stacks, but the only thing is that it is in Minneapolis." I say nervously. She is most likely gonna say no. "Before you even try to say no, I will even buy your round trip tickets, first class or whatever I need to buy to get you down here. Just don't say no." I plead. I really want her here. And I never beg so you know I mean it.

"Who said I was gonna say no?" Patrice says making me smile.

"You mean you were gonna say yes?!" I squeals in excitement.

"Of course I am." She replies. I can practically hear her smirk.

"Well in that case, I can return my round trip tickets." I says returning back to my normal voice.

"Since you offered, I will keep those. Thank you very much." She says in a playful attitude.

"Fine. But the sooner you get here, the better." I state in a much softer tone. I wish we just lived in the same area to make life easier.

"Yeah. But it's about a month away." Patrice says with a slight chuckle.

"Well I just missed having you around. That's all." I say in a soft voice.

"The feeling is mutual, Peanut." She says. It makes me smile like a lovesick school boy to hear her say that. "As much as I have missed you, you know the drill." She says with a yawn. I knew that this part was going to be coming soon.

"Yeah, I know. Go get your beauty sleep, short stacks. Love you." I say nonchalantly.

"Love you too, Peanut. Goodnight." Patrice says back. I place the phone back on the hook. This is just too much for me...

Well, it's good to know that they feel the same way😂 I am ready for them to become a couple. But it isn't good to rush so I'm taking things at a bit slower pace. Anyways, please enjoy, comment and vote. Thanks❤️✌🏾

Q- What do you think that the trip to Minneapolis will lead to?

A-I'm not sure 🤔...