Chapter 7

Serena's POV

"Well whatever I had and made is now finished," Delia said.

I saw Ash slowly opening his mouth to say something but he dropped on the ground. Well, I felt a little guilty. First, this was not my home; second, this was not my Mom; third, I ate my share and Ash's share of snacks and fourth-

Wait! Why am I being nervous here?

Ash comes to my place everyday, eats almost all of my lunch and snacks and also messes up my room. Well this was a kind of revenge for that. 

I folded my arms and smirked and saw Ash looking at me with the most frustrated look ever. He stood up and dusted himself, although as such there was not even a single dust particle on him, thanks to Mrs. Ketchum. She is a very neat and strict woman. She wants her house to be neat and clean and does not like it when Ash's room is messed up. He has even got beatings from her for his room and so one day, he got too angry and shouted back at her and told her not to enter his room ever again. And well, Mrs. Ketchum never stepped into his room ever again.

So, Ash dusted himself and walked to me. I slightly flinched when he grabbed my hand and took me upstairs.

"Sere and I need a talk, Mom. See you later!" He shouted over his shoulder as he dragged me upstairs, to his room and then bolted the door from inside and took off his jacket. I gasped when he did that. I thought that he was wearing nothing underneath it but thankfully he wore his black undershirt. I sighed heavily. 

"Enjoyed today's show, Miss Yvonne?" he asked as he plopped down in his bed.

"Well, I actually couldn't since I do not know about which show you are talking about" I folded my arms and shot him a 'you-are-impossible' look.

"First, seeing me fall face-first in my undergarments and then getting scolded by my Mom and being sent upstairs to wear some clothes. Then seeing me breakdown as I realize that 'you' have eaten all my snacks and now there is nothing left!" he exclaimed.

"I only came here to eat because Marina was not letting me have something. You are the one who offered me all these shows for free," I said, shrugging.

"So you think I will ask for money for my embarrassing shows," he stood up and walked towards me, "money is not what I want but- revenge," he said bitterly. 

Now our faces were barely inches away from each other. I stood there motionless. Neither moving forward, nor backward. If I moved backward then he would think that he had scared me and overpowered me and he would continue with whatever he is doing. And if I moved forward, we would-

kiss. 

I took a quick glimpse of his lips. Oh my God, now if I think we are standing extremely close. I felt his slow and heavy breathing on my face. I suddenly felt an urge to kiss him. I shrugged and pushed him away. I was still trying to calculate what I felt. 

I wanted to kiss him- 

him!

I looked at Ash who was also deep in thought. I wonder what he is thinking now.

Ash's POV

I felt like kissing Serena, kissing her-

my best friend.  

I walked up to Sere trying to scare her. But I guess I walked a little too much because the next thing  realized is that we stood, looking into each other's eyes only inches apart. She didn't move. I didn't move. We stood there, in silence. I suddenly wanted to hug her and kiss her. I felt my hands shaking a little, arguing whether to wrap themselves around Sere's waist or not. Then my lips start feeling hot. I wanted to kiss her so bad. She interrupted my thoughts by pushing me away from her. 

I was still trying to find out what happened a while ago. I then looked at Sere and saw her looking at me, her hand on her chest. She was breathing heavily. Her eyes looked so different and full of energy today. Her smile always made me happy. Even though she wasn't smiling, I could feel her urge to smile.

"You can always smile, you know," I blurted out. I covered my mouth after realizing that I voiced my thoughts. But she smiled.

"I guess I am done here eating and filling my stomach so, I should be leaving," she said as she exited the room and shut it behind her. 

I looked at the door as it closed and jumped on my bed as soon she was gone. I screamed into the pillow and pulled my hair. I walked up to a mirror and looked at myself. I was not being myself today. 

No, I wasn't. 

I looked different. 

I met Marina, she tackled me into a hug and we both fell on the ground, we had a private and awkward conversation, she came extremely close to me, even though I did not remember her at first and we were inches apart from kissing, Sere smirked at this. Marina, somewhat, proposed me and Sere took that as a joke and broke out into fits of laughter. Then Serena hugged me and joked on. After some hours, Sere arrives at my doorstep and sees me in my undergarments and I embarrass myself but she doesn't laugh, she eats my snacks and then,

then this weird feeling about her and our so very awkward moment that happened in this very room. Everything was so, so different than usual. Something like this never happened before between us. 

I was interrupted by these thoughts as I heard my Mom come in.

"I thought you did never enter this place or should I say, wreck ever again," I said.

"What were you and Serena doing here? Bolting the door and then there was total silence for at least some 10 minutes," she folded her hands and smirked.

"We were-um-texting our friends," I made up.

"Are you sure you weren't 'seducing' her," her smirk grew wider.

Are you sure you weren't seducing her, or was I? 

At this I broke down. I fell to the ground and heard some faint voices of my mother calling my name, but I was busy thinking - you weren't seducing her.