Chapter 2

"I mean just look around. It's awesome. He could make a lot of use of this place if he took care of it more. " Ryan says walking towards the window.

We were sitting on the couch after eating and now he is giving me lecture, about how my dad can make use of this place. Like I was dying to know.

I stand up and walk towards the wooden shelf. "Did you bring this here?" I ask him holding a box of cards. He stops and stares at me. I hope he understands the clear indication of changing the topic.
He shakes his head. "This was here before....You wanna play?"
I nod. "I want to. One of my favorite card games gin rummy."

"That's what babies play."
I totally ignore the fact that he has just whispered this to himself.

I walk back to the couch and sit next to him taking out the cards from the box as I place them facing him. I gather my cards and take a pad of papers to write the scores on.

I didn't even notice when two hours already passed. I yawn and give Ryan a grin. He rolls his eyes and stands up. "Whatever."
I lough loudly. "Don't feel bad. I let no one win anyway."

He has already started walking upstairs. "I said whatever!" He says loudly and I follow him. "Goodnight." He says before walking in his room. I wave my hand and step in my room and before closing the door I notice, he already started pulling up his shirt revealing his attractive V line. I gulp and immediately look away closing the door. What the hell is my problem!

I lie on the soft bed and stare at the ceiling. It was a tiring day but surprisingly I didn't feel anything while talking or playing with him. I close my eyes and try to make my mind clear. Those memories still haunt me and I am not going to do the same mistake. I am not gay and I don't think this guy is interesting. I don't even think he is good looking and no, I really don't think the three weeks are going to be great. Of course, it will turn out as boring as always.

"Found you!" He said, slowly walking towards me. "Don't...don't...don't be afraid. Don't cry. Boys don't cry." He said coming near me and he slowly grabbed my cheeks with his cold hand. "You are beautiful you know." He whispered grinning. I shivered and stepped backwards slowly. I desperately looked for somewhere to run away when I felt my back against the wall but I was trapped. "D-don't touch me. I hate you." I said...I actually tried to say.
"Oh I don't hate you." He smirked and grabbed me.

"No!" I scream and sit up. "Noh-no-no." I mumble. My chest stars going up and down violently and I look around. It's dark inside my room and I keep shivering covering myself fully with the sheet. I sweat and the drops that rolled down my neck start tickling. I grab the sheet tightly hearing a knock on my door. "Aiden? Everything alright?"

"Y-yes, Ryan."

"Are you sure?"

"It was just a nightmare. I'm really fine."

"Oh okay."

I hear the opposite door closing and I lie on my back again. This place just brought back the memories. 2 years ago when I was 15...I don't want to think anymore. I am not scared of monsters cause they are just imaginations. But I am scared of people cause they are real and sometimes they do things that can beat your wildest imaginations.
I can't sleep anymore once I am awake. I lie there closing my eyes and wait for the morning light.

-----------------------

"What were you doing at 3 in the morning?" I ask Ryan while chewing the bread.

"I was thirsty. I went down to drink water and when I was going back to my room, I heard you scream."

A blush covers my face. "I told you it was a nightmare."

"Yes everyone has nightmares. Mine are always about accidents." He says laughing.

"And mine are about myself." I mumble taking a sip of the coffee.

"Sorry?"

"Nothing." I shake my head. "Nothing."

-----------------------

"This place is actually nice...as you were saying last night." I say Ryan who was walking next to me. "But don't you get bored?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I just came here and also the internet is always with me. I have some movies and games and it's also not like I enjoy staying with my family a lot!"

I look at him and he continues, "My sister is in college. So, she doesn't stay with us and my mom and dad are always at the small bar near our house. And...um....I like being with the animals here." He stops and smiles awkwardly. "Um...so you go to school, right?"

"Of course. I am 17 and the only child who my dad sends here every year so that I can see if everything's fine. But you know what I am thinking...if I become the owner of this place, I'll sell everything here and have mercy on my son and let him enjoy his summer vacation with his friends."

He stops walking and stares at me. I also stop and look at him raising a brow and then we both burst into laughter.
And then the question comes out of blue, "Got a girlfriend?...I mean you have so big future plans."

I bit my bottom lip and try to smile. "No, I had one though. We broke up two months ago."

He nods looking down. He looks a bit disappointed and I bet his face became dark when I gave him the answer. Who knows why.

"So you also go to school?" I ask.

"Yes, eleventh grade."

"Me too."

We continue walking through the green fields to the west. The rest of the way, we were silent. "Wow! I have never been here before. This looks like one big freaking forest." I shout in excitement standing at the edge of the forest.

"It's actually deeper than you think. I once entered in alone and almost lost."

"And then?" I ask hanging holding a branch of a tree.

"Then what...I found my way out and I was thirsty and I promised myself not to get into this type of trouble anymore." I look at Ryan's face and immediately leave the branch of the tree. His face just said I was the greatest psychopath in the world.

"Don't' look at me like this." I say a bit offended walking back.
He only laughs and follows me.

-Picture is Ryan