[37] irl

it had only been four days since that conversation. the conversation where lilac told grant that she had feelings for him back.

grant was in a frantic mode. lilac was gone by the time he dragged himself out of bed. having her tweet notifications on, he was relieved that she was alive at least.

he asked all his cast mates if she snuck off to their houses and they all said they hadn't seen her either.

he thought of all the places they went to; all the places considered significant.

then it struck him.

the beach.

he threw on some jeans and a sweatshirt, then proceeded to rush outside. he struggled to place the keys in the ignition slot because he was shaking, hard.

finally, after what seemed like minutes, he turned on his car and sped to the beach.

when he arrived, he found her standing peacefully on the beach, her back to him.

he ran towards her, and yelled. "lilac!" she jumped and turned around, and tears were falling down her face. it seemed as though her cheeks were drenched in the salty drops.

"g..grant." she choked out, standing still.

he mustered all his strength engulfed her in a hearty hug. (he didn't have his coffee yet, as it was so early.)

the world looked like it was in slow motion. lilac sobbed into his shoulder and held on to him tightly. grant whispered sweet things in her ear.

"shhh...i'm here, i'm here.."

"grant," she cried, "i thought about you and how i should just grab a flight and go."

"i can't." she finished and cried even harder then before.

"you may have lied but i realized that it was because you were scared. scared to tell me that you loved me."

she pulled away and wiped her face with the top of her hand.

"fear, it makes people do things. things they necessarily don't want to do. but they do it because they are scared."

"i'm sorry for doubting you grant. when i told you how i felt those few days ago." she kept rambling on and on.

he took his hands and placed one on each side of her face. he leaned in and pecked her lips. "i told you i would wait. i didn't think you would slip this easily."

"i don't stay mad for long," she pursed her lips then smiled lightly.

"i love you, thomas grant gustin." she held the back of his neck with one hand and the other was on his waist.

"i love you too, lilac rose monet."