Ch 3. Disaster In Paradise

A quick note if you read this before, you should probable read it again becuse i re-edited and changed a lot of stuff. Enjoy!!

======================================================================

 Brent quickly got up. He had to meet his friends at the river. Signs of summer began to show, and they had wanted to hang out, throw pebble, fish, and if the afternoon got hot enough even swim.

                   I took a look in my small dresser for suitable clothes. There was not a large selection to choose from. Only having three drawers half full of stuff. But it really didn’t matter to me. I liked simplicity. I only had three warn outfits I would actually wear anyways.

Of course I had nicer things but I really didn’t have a girl on my sights dress up for so why bother? Don’t get me wrong all the towns girls were pretty and cute but it never really felt right with any of them. I may be a very handsome man but I’m not a whore. I could be easily but that’s just not my style.

 Lu taught me better. Plus I believe in the one true love stuff. I don’t want to go down the same my mom went.

               Grabbing shorts starting to put them on, yet sadly falling at the same time sending me crashing to the floor. I sighed laying on the ground my shorts half on, defeated. I heard loud thumps coming up the stairs. In a panic I tried to get my shorts on rolling around to do so, but to not fast enough.

The door slammed open in came Fernilda. The older a little on the heavy side human that Lu had left Brent and his mother with. The women started to talk with Irish accent,

“Dustin are you alright lad? ” She was panting, she had probable been in the kitchen making breakfast and heard the commotion.

All I could do was look at her with a deadpan stare and say,

“ Yes, yes Fernilda. Could you please close the door on your way out.”

Fernilda looked a little puzzled then made an o with her mouth for a second the started to laugh very hard.

I could feel the blush creeping on my face. Trying to block her out I put my hands on my face

“Get out of my room!”

She could barely get the words out of her mouth wa’ll laughing

“ Are ya going to be ok,” she had to take a laugh brake.

“ This is the second time this week,” she breathed and said with all seriousness putting her hands on her hips

“Do I need to get you some gote root“

All I could reply with is a grown. And role over on my side.

Gote root it was what a new mother would grind up and put it in the baby food to help there child keep balance and not fall on its face. I don’t know how it worked but it just did.

I could hear her laughter pick up again and walk out the door and down the stairs still laughing.

 God I hated that women sometimes. I finally got all ready, grabbing my fishing pole and heading down stairs. There in the dining/ living room was my mother and Fernilda chit chatting away.

 The closer a walked the more I could hear Fernilda talking

“And then I saw him rolling on the floor like a fish …”

I just blocked out her voice. And grabbed a boiled egg along with some bread.

“ Hey, I heard you had a little trouble this morning”