Trapping Mikael and Waking Finn

Elena's P.O.V.

As Mom, Freya and I stand outside of the cave magically making it Mikael-proof, I turn some of my focus to everyone. "I think we should wake up Finn." I say. Freya's face lights up a million degrees. But everyone else's jaws drop open and they stared at me like I have 3 heads instead of 1. "What? I happen to like Finn. Sure you think he's boring but I happen to enjoy spending time with him. And so does Freya." I say and they are still gaping at me. "I think it's a brilliant idea." Freya says from besides me. I smile at her. "Thank you Frey." I say wrapping her in a one-armed hug. Mom looks at me. "Elena. I don't know if this is a very good idea. You father, Henrik and I have been watching from the other-side all these years and Finn seemed very loyal to Esther." Mom says. I gape at her. "Okay so... the only person on my side is someone who I barely even remember meeting, no offence Frey." I say and she shakes her head dismissing it. "He's your brother. God. I'm not even related to him. You've had him shut in a box for 900 years." I say pointedly at Nik, Beks, Lijah and Kol. Freya gasps at this news. "You what?! You shut him in a box after 100 years!" Freya exclaims. I shake my head as we finish the spell. I pull my hands away. "You weren't there Elijah but when your mother was pregnant with you and when you were a baby, Finn protected you with his life. And you should remember him protecting each and every one of you while you were babies, yet you aren't willing yo bring him back. I am appalled. You know we had this argument 500 years ago and I'm glad I finally have someone on my side sticking up for me." I say grabbing Freya's hand and storming off. "Lena. Love. Where are you going?" Nik asks. I spin around angrily. "Back to the Gilberts. I am not staying with you while your older brother is locked in a box like he has been for the last 900 years. Frey. You wanna come with?" I ask looking at Freya. She nods looking appalled too. I storm off to my car and hop in the drivers side while Freya hops in the passenger seat. I drive to the Gilberts and storm into the house. "MIRANDA!? GRAYSON?!" I yell, my voice echoing throughout the house. They yell from in the living room. Freya and I walk in there. "What is it Elena? Who's your friend?" Miranda asks sweetly. "Change of plans. I'm not staying with old family friends. And this is Freya. She's one of the friends. She's like an older sister too me and we are both mad at them so I was wondering if Freya could share my room with me." I say hopefully. "Sure sweetie. Go ahead." Miranda says and Freya and I run upstairs. I walk into my room and collapse on the bed before going to my closet and pulling out a set of pyjamas for Freya. We are roughly the same size, so they should fit. She tries them on and the trousers are an inch too short, but they'll do. We hop into the bed that I unnoticeably expanded by an inch or two. "So Frey. How long do you think it's going to take for them to wake up Finn? Annnnddd how stubborn are we going to be if they wake him up? I know I won't move in straight away. I'll still see Finn but I won't move in straight away." I say to Freya. She looks at me. "I reckon it won't take long cuz they'll all miss us and I think we should be as stubborn as humanely possible. Like if they wake up Finn, we see Finn everyday and them like once a week until we agree to give in." Freya suggests and I nod my head in agreement. "Hey Frey. Can I tell you something that I haven't dared tell the others?" I ask quietly. She nods. "Yeah. What is it Elena?" She asks looking rather concerned. "Before they daggered Finn, we were dating. It was really sweet. Finn is a major softie when it comes to you and me. And that's why I tried to get Nik to undagger him 500 years ago and today. I miss him Frey. He promised me that if Esther came back he would be on whatever side I was on. He loved me and I loved him." I say to her and a tear slips down my cheek. She looks shocked but wraps me in a hug. "Elena. It's okay. We'll get him back. Whatever it takes. I promise." She says, still hugging me. I pull away. "Thank you Freya." I say before falling asleep.

Bekah's P.O.V

I stand there staring at the place where Elena's car had been 2 seconds ago in total shock. I spin around to Nik. "YOU KNOW WHAT NIK?! IF YOU HAD JUST WOKEN UP FINN LIKE SHE ASKED 500 YEARS AGO NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED! IT'S CLEAR THAT ELENA AND FINN WERE BEST FRIENDS, ELENA HAVING BEEN THERE TO COMFORT FINN WHEN FREYA 'DIED' BUT YOU JUST TOO STUBBORN AND NOW I'VE LOST BOTH SISTERS BECAUSE YOUR BEING A GIT! DO WHAT SHE ASKED AND BRING FINN BACK! IF ELENA BELIEVES IN HIM THEN SO DO I!" I yell at Nik and he winces with every word I say. Nik looks sad and I storm off to my car and slam the door shut after climbing in. I drive to the Gilbert's house and knock on the door. Miranda opens the door. "Hello dear. What can I do for you?" She asks sweetly. "Please can I see Freya and Elena?" I ask desperately. "Of course. Go ahead she's in her room. First door at the top of the stairs." She says letting me past. I run silently upstairs and stop outside of Elena's door abruptly when I hear her talking. "Before they daggered Finn, we were dating. It was really sweet. Finn is a major softie when it comes to you and me. And that's why I tried to get Nik to undagger him 500 years ago and today. I miss him Frey. He promised me that if Esther came back he would be on whatever side I was on. He loved me and I loved him." Elena's muffled voice came from behind the door. A tear slips down my face as I hear Freya promising Elena that they'll get him back no matter what. I hear Elena's breathing even out but not Freya's. "Come in Beks." Freya says quietly. How did she know? I walk in slowly. "I know you heard what Elena said." Freya said carefully and quietly climbing out of the bed.

. I nod. "I didn't realise. They never made it obvious. I didn't know. I never meant to hurt her Freya. Honestly." I say still crying silently. "I know Rebekah but she's really upset and she needs some rest." Freya says quietly. "I know. I sleep in the window seat. Go back to bed Freya." I say grabbing some of Elena's pyjamas and Freya falls asleep and then me after.

Nik's P.O.V.

I watch Bekah drive off furiously and immediately feel bad. I turn to everyone else. "I can't deal with this. All 3 of my sisters are mad at me. Come on Nik! Just undagger him. Esther's dead and Elena trusts Finn and it takes a lot to get Elena to trust someone." Kol exclaims. I nod slowly. "I know Kol. I know. Come on lets go. We're going to wake up Finn." I say and we all climb into Kol, Elijah's and my car. I lead and we drive slightly over the speed limit until we get back home. I run inside and vamp speed down to the basement. I slowly walk over to the only closed coffin in the small room. I lift the lid to reveal my eldest brother with a dagger in his chest. I tentatively grab the dagger and slide it out of his chest. As I wait for him to wake up everyone walks in, including a very sleepy looking Elena, Bekah and Freya. Elena gasps when she realises what we are doing here. She runs over and gives me a hug. "Thank you Nik. Now everyone else out! Except Freya." She says and everyone including me ran out kind of scared.

Elena's P.O.V.

I sit in the chair Nik had previously been sitting and wait for Finn to wake up. 20 minutes later the veins fade away and he regains his colour. 5 minutes after that he slowly sits up in the coffin. I immediately become more alert than before and stand up. "Elena?" He asks quietly. "Finn." I sigh in relief. I jump on him and wrap him in a huge hug. "God Finn. I've missed you. I tried to get Nik to wake you up earlier but he thought that you'd go back to Esther. I tried Finn. I tried." I say tears pooling in my eyes. He strokes the back of my head calming me. "Lena. It's okay. Calm down Love." Finn says and I look up at Freya to see her smiling and looks like she really wants to greet him for the first time in 1000 years. I immediately feel guilty and climb off Finn and out of his coffin. Freya laughs at me and Finn's head shoots around to look at her not previously realising she was there when I tackled him. "Oh. Finn. Freya's back. Mikael bought her, Henrik and my parents back as leverage for me but it didn't work and now he's magically locked in a cave." I say. Finn's eyes widen. "Freya. Dahlia took you. How are you here?" He asks. I smile at her and help Finn out of the coffin. He leans heavily on me. He needs blood and is kind of weak so I happily hold him up. Freya wraps him in a hug. "Come on Finn. You need to eat. You don't have to drink from the vein, we have blood bags. Come on. We need to go upstairs." I say leading upstairs. I walk him into the kitchen and thankfully we haven't seen anyone yet. I grab a couple of blood bags from the fridge and a glass. I open the blood bag and empty it into the glass. I slide it to Finn and he downs it. I grab the glass and empty the second blood bag into it and walk towards him with it. I place it on the breakfast bar and sit on his knees facing him. I give him a kiss and wrap my arms around his neck leaning into the kiss. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "Well now I understand why you asked for him to be woken up." Kol says smugly from the doorway. I pull away and turn to look at him. "Go away Kol." I growl and he immediately backs out of the room and I turn back to Finn. I kiss him gently again before pulling away and handing him the glass again. He drinks it and I magic it to the sink. I rest my head on his chest. "I've missed you Finn." I say my voice muffled due to my face being buried in his chest. "I missed you too Lena. And I love you." He says resting his chin on the top of my head. "I love you too." I say kissing him once more while making the glass wash and dry itself and put itself away. "Huh. Kol wasn't lying for once Lijah." Nik says from the doorway. I look over Finn's shoulders at Elijah and Nik. "Do you mind?" I ask. "Nope. Carry on. We're good right here." Nik says. "Stop being an ass Nik. We haven't seen each other in 900 years thanks to somebody we know so go away." I say and they back out of the room with their hands raised. I stand up. "I'll see you later Finn. I need to go fetch my stuff from my old home with Frey and Bekah." I say and give him a quick kiss. "I'll come with you." Finn says standing up. "Finn. You need to rest and have some more blood. Believe me, I want you to come with me but you've been daggered and stuck in a box for 900 years." I say and he gets pretty frustrated. "Yeah I have! And if anything that is even more of a reason for me too go with you Lena. It's been 900 years. I need to get out of this house or I will seriously start to get claustrophobic." Finn exclaims exasperated. I wince. "Finn. I love you but please don't yell at me. I've been yelled at enough over the past 900 years." I say and walk towards the door. "Sorry Lena but please just let me come with you." Finn pleads. I sigh. "But Finn." I whine. He gives me a look. "Fine. You can come with us." I relent. "Thank you." He says and wraps me in a hug. When he pulls away he grabs my hand and drags me reluctantly into the living room. I swear I heard Nik whisper something along the lines of, "She's whipped."