Fear of Heights

**Alex’s POV**

After what went down yesterday I realized that I was really going to have to start from the basics for the boys. In this case, I think it would be best to teach them how to work around in the trees, since they all are surrounded by them.

I woke myself up early in the morning, just as the sun was peeking through the sky, and got myself ready for todays practice. I tired braiding my hair but after failing for the third time, I thought it a lost cause and just tied my hair up into a ponytail.

I jumped down from my tree house with my knife tucked in my belt, ready to hunt today’s breakfast. I headed toward the north side of the island to hunt, since that held the best game and I was lucky enough to earn a few kills to my belt.

Then I headed over to the camp and I was glad to see that barely anyone was up.

The blond lost boy that I met yesterday saw me first and ran up to me with signs of curiosity in his face.

“What are you doing here so early? Pan was going to send me over to get you when the sun was half up in the sky.” He asked as he tilted his head to the side.

“Oh I’ve decided to start training early today, since it seems that we are going to need all the time we can get for this practice.” I replied and then turned and walked over to the fire pit that was already lit and ready for cooking.

The lost boy followed me to the fire pit and watched me prepare the birds as I skinned them and started adding them on the fire.

“Hey kid, can you start waking up the other lost boys? Breakfast is almost ready.” I asked the lost boy as I flipped one of the birds in the fire.

“I have a name you know.” He replied as he sat down cross legged right in front of me.

I took my attention and looked at the lost boy with curiosity. He had dirty blond hair that was a little long and shaggy. His eyes were a bright green and he gave off the impression that he was an innocent child.

“How old are you?” I asked, as I continued to look at him.

“I’m 12 and my names Chuck, thanks for asking.” He replied with a little sarcasm in his voice.

I laughed. “Sarcastic I see.” I remarked with a smile. I turned back to the birds on the fire.

“So Chuck, are you going to do as I asked or will I have to chase you with a knife like I did once before?” I asked as I raised my eyebrow at him.

He chuckled and turned toward the hide out tree.

A few minutes later I was joined by most of the lost boys and I started serving everyone something to eat. When everyone started to eat I stood up and took out my whistle and twirled it around my fingers as I paced around the campsite, waiting for everyone to finish eating.

To the lost boys, it looked like I was pacing around restless, waiting for them, but really I was going through everything in my head. I still had questions for Pan, since I still don’t trust him, especially on the subject of my brother James, whose face kept appearing in my dreams at night. Also I noticed that I haven’t seen Tinker Belle for a while now. It’s been over a month since I last seen her and every time I pass her tree house, it seems deserted. That thought worried me. What had Pan done to her?

The longer I thought about my problems, the more I wondered why I was still in Neverland and not back home with Emmy and my brother Dan and Papa.

“Hey Alex!” Pan called out as he started walking toward me from across the camp.

I turned to face him just as he stopped in front of me.