First Meet

My body felt cold. Did I fall asleep with the window open? I thought. No I couldn’t have, that window doesn’t open. I kept my eyes closed but I made my hands move slowly on the ground that now didn’t feel like the wooden panels I was used to sleeping on. The floor felt grainy like... sand? Was I asleep at the beach? I opened my eyes and almost screamed.

"Oh my God! Where am I?" I said to myself as I looked around me. I was sitting on a beach. Behind me I saw a forest that seemed to be never ending and to my left and right I saw a long stretch of empty beach that seemed to keep going on forever. I stood up and wiped the remaining sand from my dress.

"Neverland!" said a voice coming from the forest. I turned around and found to my surprise a boy not much older than I was, hanging out by one of the trees. He had light brown hair with dark green eyes and he gave off the impression by the way that he stood there leaning against the tree that he was completely at ease with himself and the fact that he had just found a girl lying down on the beach in a nurse dress and he made the situation seemed like he did this every day.

"Neverland? You got to be kidding me? Like from the Peter Pan story." I said crossing my arms

"Ha so you do know me!” The Boy said walking toward me. "Well if that’s the case then it should only be fair that you give me your name?" He said stopping right in front of me.

"Alex" I said "And don’t think I’m going to shake your hand or anything like that because right now I have you marked as mentally retarded for actually thinking this place is Neverland." I said stepping back a few feet.

"Oh yea because shaking hands with someone mentally retarded is so terrible." The boy said with a smirk. "And this really is Neverland by the way.. I mean where else do you expect me to be from otherwise."

"Oh god you don’t mean to tell me that you actually think yourself as Peter Pan do you? I said a little annoyingly. The last thing I needed was to try and explain out to this guy that he is not in some fairytale.

"Why yes I am Peter Pan, and you’re on my island. What are you doing here? Actually a better question is how did you get here?" He said now replacing his smirk a straight face and crossing his arms.

"That’s a good question actually, because I remember just falling asleep reading a book and next thing I know I wake up on this god forsaken island" I said pointing toward the beach.

Peter frowned for a moment. "Wait so my shadow didn’t bring you over here?" He asked.

"You’re what?" I said now completely confused. Ok now the guy thinks HIS SHADOW brought me here. Something is definitely wrong with him.

"My shadow! What else could have brought you here?" He said to me as if I was stupid. "But you still didn’t answer me question of why you are here." Pan said now going back to glaring at me.

I was starting to hate this guy more and more the longer I talked to him.

"Oh you know, I wanted to go swimming in a beach where I have no idea where I am and then later on during the afternoon when the place cools down a bit I might take a hike in the deadly forest behind you and get lost. So you know.. Nothing really." I said hinting as much sarcasm as I could in the sentence.

The Boy laughed.

"Ha you’re funny, but unless you answer my question we are going to be here awhile." He said now walking around me.

"I told you I am lost, I just want to get back home." I said not clearly irritated.

"why don’t you come back with me to camp. I can’t let you leave this island but at least you will have some place to go." Pan said finally.

"No thanks, I want to check this place out myself" I said pointing toward the forest.

"Peter" obviously thought I was stupid by the face he gave me, but he shrugged and said "Go ahead then. I guess I will see you around then Alex!"

I turned around but I was surprised to find that the boy, "Peter" has vanished.

"Great, he also somehow is able to make it look like he can disappear. That’s not creepy at all." I thought as I started walking toward the forest.

---

Hello There!

Well here is something short for you guys. I quickly wrote it now since my school had a 2 hour delay and I had alot of time to write so well here it is! And yes I finally got Peter Pan in the Story!! Yayayay!

I will try to write again this weekend so until then!

Lots of Love

Wintergirl08