{020}

The Sun Also Rises
———

"Goodbye is only truly painful if you know you'll never say hello again."
Anonymous
———

-

The Witch House housing several dead spirits was slightly unnerving but many of them were nice enough, America paying little mind to the others who weren't. It was easy enough considering that they silenced themselves in the presence of vampires, specifically Elijah and Stefan. A newly freed Alaric was with the men as well. "The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First, the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become the hybrid."

America leaned back against the wall, cloaked entirely from the heightened senses of the immortals. "So when do we attack?" Alaric questioned where he stood with Elijah and Stefan just outside the threshold of the decrepit house. "Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in." The young woman bit back a noise that would have certainly been a mix of frustration and curiosity.

 Klaus being weaker during the transformation was a new bit of information but the willingness to risk Bonnie's life was not. "And you're sure Bonnie will survive this? Elena said America said all that power could kill her." It was times like these when she truly appreciated Alaric and the different perspectives he brought to their lives. In this case, it was the sensibilities that the others had forgotten. "If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself." As if that made a difference

America left the trio to themselves and their planning, slipping further into the decaying house as she had heard enough. There was no surprise to be had, standing on the other side of it all, and so she was wholly unconcerned with the rest of the conversation.

-

"Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?" Klaus wore a grin as he surveyed the clearing and the sacrifices standing before him but his eagerness to finally break what had been plaguing him for centuries plummeted as he recognized the vampire. "Greta," he hissed, eyes narrowing as he took in Jenna Sommers' still form, one of the many people Eleanora had demanded he left alone in exchange for her assistance. He had agreed, at first without thought, caught up in the revelation that the young woman had been through hellish times before him.

Subsequent to that, however, he found no harm in abiding by her terms for the time being, more dedicated to the breaking of the curse than settling petty dues. "I gave you my blood with specific instructions and among them were not to let your grievances interfere." The witch scowled, bold as ever but Klaus was in no way endeared to it now as he often was. "Her niece killed my dad and my brother. We might not have agreed on much but they were my family. She's getting what she deserves."

Klaus clenched his jaw, swallowing his retort as he considered his next course of action. If Eleanora discovered her aunt, there was no doubt that there would be an emotional reaction, one he was certain would ruin his plans for tonight and Klaus would be damned if he waited so much as another second more than necessary. "Cloak her—make her look like someone else and hide the presence of magic so intricately, no experienced witch can find it or you will be joining your father and brother."

Greta's scowl dissipated into a frown, the witch taken aback. "What does it matter? Why do you care if—" A growl slipped past his lips, fangs flashing in the night and eyes glinting in the dark. "Do as I say! I will not let your foolishness interfere with what I have waited millennia for. Hide her. Now." He felt the magical energy in the air pulse significantly and he waited a few moments, breathing deeply before he glanced at the vampire, humming in satisfaction when he met the wide, terrified eyes of a woman he did not know.