Chapter 11: The Quartet... Plus One!

Chapter 11

The next day, Lynn still couldn’t believe that Tyler Wilson kissed her. She kept touching her lips and remembering the experience. Despite the fact that she didn’t like him anymore, the kiss rocked her world, and then some. And finally- Finally!- she got her kiss from Tyler Wilson.

She tried her best not to be too excited, because of the whole getting back at him scheme, but she couldn’t help herself, it was just so darn breath taking. As she remembered, a small smile crept up on her face. Then again, she was smiling freely ever since the delightful kiss; a delightful kiss that led to her rethinking her steps.

A feeling of guilt was constantly lodging itself in her conscience at trying to break Tyler’s heart. He seemed to genuinely like her now, and she didn’t know what to think about that. In retrospect, she never really thought of him falling for her, though that was the plan. Now that he was on the way of falling for her, she was scared witless.

But she knew for a fact she wasn’t falling for him. Just feeling guilty, that’s it. Yeah, just simply a guilty feeling at trying to hurt someone; she remembered how it felt to be hurt, so she wished that upon no one. But then again, Tyler Wilson wasn’t just ‘no one.’ He was the one to cause her the hurt in the first place, so it was only fair that he received some back in return.

Lynn sighed. It was all just so complicated now. On one hand, she felt sorry for the whole scheme, yet on the other, she wanted him to hurt as much as she did. She just wished that Tyler Wilson had never returned to her life. But then again, if he hadn’t, she wouldn’t have gotten her kiss. And she so did not regret that kiss.

“Arghh,” Lynn shrieked and plumped down on her sofa to pull a pillow over her head and scream in frustration. She couldn’t have one regret without thinking of a positive outcome that came as a result of said regret.

The whole thing was becoming one whole bundle of a mess; a big complicated mess. Plus, she didn’t know how to relate the kiss to her friends. She honestly didn’t know what their reaction would be, but she was certain that they’d read too much into the simple kiss.

Lynn decided to text them the news. That way, they wouldn’t hear any trace of excitement in her voice, because she knew that even if she tried to mask it, a little excitement would seep through.

About six seconds after she hit send to the three numbers, her phone rang.

“What kind of message is ‘Tyler Wilson kissed me,’ eh?” Stella greeted. “Is that anyway to deliver such a message?”

The irritation in her friend’s voice was warranted and somewhat comical, but Lynn fought back a chuckle, hoping not to irritate Stella further. “I didn’t know how to tell you guys.”

“And you thought an impersonal means of telling us was better than a phone call?”

“What was I supposed to call and say ‘Tyler Wilson kissed me’? Isn’t that what I said in the text?”

“Don't sass me, Lynn Parker,” Stella warned. “Now tell me about the kiss, was it everything you ever hoped it would be?”

The shift in Stella’s mood was so swift, Lynn almost missed it. Almost; but Lynn knew her friend, and thanked the heavens that her friend’s ire usually only lasted about a minute max, before she returned to her bubbly persona.

“And then some,” Lynn replied with at least enthusiasm as she could muster.

“Hmm,” was the monosyllable reply to Lynn’s confession.

“What does ‘hmm’ mean?” Lynn wasn’t sure if it was a good ‘hmm’ or a bad one.

“Hmm, nothing,” Stella answered fast. “So he’s attracted to you right? Really attracted to you? I mean he kissed you!” Stella practically shrieked the last two words.