Stay With Me (Chris Hemsworth Fanfic)

September 5th, 2012.

Elsa was yelling at him again. In Spanish. It had been the same thing every night when Chris got home from work or meetings for a new project. He would step in the door, put his bags down and be met with a pissed off Elsa. It had been getting worse.

''Where the hell have you been, Christopher?''

His wife's accusing and overeacting voice came vooming out from behind him. He groaned and turned around. Elsa was standing in the middle of the room rocking his daughter in her arms.

''I was at a bunch of meetings. I've been doing them all day, Elsa.''

Chris replied calmly, despite how he was really feeling inside. He was not in the mood to argue with Elsa tonight, but he knew she wasn't going to drop it. She was very stubborn when she wanted to be.

''You're fucking late, Christopher. Are you stupid? I was supposed to go out with the girls tonight and you decided to screw around and be late. You were supposed to watch the baby.''

''She has a name,'' Chris growled out trying to control his temper in front of his baby. ''And stop cursing like a sailor. You have a baby.''

Elsa muttered a ''fuck you'' in Spanish before stomping off to India's nursery. When she came back Chris was sitting on the couch, drinking a beer and trying to calm himself down before he exploded.

''Are you seeing someone else?''

His head snapped up from the beer bottle. His eyes squinted and he stood up, anger starting to creep up on him again. He wanted to smack her.

''Are you freaking kidding me, Elsa? I've been faithful to you since day one and yet your asking me if I'm cheating on you because I have a difficult schedule? That you activily know of? Listen to yourself!''

Chris spat the words at her, hoping to get a reaction. It didn't. She stared at him stonily before grabbing some papers from the table and throwing them at him followed by a pen, which smacked him in the head.

''What the hell is this?''

''Divorice papers. Sign them.''

Chris looks at the papers in disgust. Is she shitting him right now? She wants a divorce because he's not home in enough time so she can go out with her godamn girlfriends instead of watching her five-month old daughter. This was too much.

''Sign it, Christopher.''

''Shut up!'' he snapped at her, but he took the pen off the couch anyway.

He lifted up the papers and stared at the big bold letter that read: DIVORICE. Chris's stomach dropped a little bit.

He signed the papers.

When he was done Elsa grabbed the papers out of his hand and disapeared into their room. She came back out with two suitcases and wearing a blue blazer. She looked like she was going on vacation.

''Where are you going?'' Chris asked, standing up.

''Back home of course,'' Elsa said cheerily before making her way to the door.

''You are the worst mother in the history of mothers.''

Elsa stopped mid-step and whirled around. ''Go to hell, Chris,'' she whispered and then she was gone, the door slamming shut behind her.

India started crying.

Chris sighed in frustration and made his way to his daughters room. He picked her up from her crib and rocked her small body like his mother taught him to.

He was on his own now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------