Sheep sheep

"God this place smells" Uni said as he walked down stairs, he found a door that lead somewhere below so he went to check it out. The smell of ink was strong and it was making the inu's head spin and made him feel a little dizzy. He held onto the wall while the flashlight be brought lit the way.

Once he reached the bottom of the staircase he looked around, nothing but an empty studio and inky walls. He looked around for a light switch and to his relief he found one. He switched his flashlight off and looked around at the ink stained walls, puddles of ink mostly covered the floor.

"What's with all the ink in this place" he said walking around before finding a note nailed to the wall, he tore the note of.

Dear Henry

It seems like a lifetime since we worked on cartoons together.

30 years really do slip away. Doesn't it?

If your back in town. Come and visit the old workshop.

There's something I need to show you.

Your best pal, Joey Drew

"Joey" Uni growled crumpling up the paper and throwing it away. As Uni walked more into the inky halls, he flinched as ink feel on his head. He looked up and froze, "Dreams come true". "I swear to god if these guys are pranking me" Uni said walking past the message on the wall.

He followed his nose to a small room with a large machine in it. Uni tilted his head and circled the strange machine, it was dripping ink. Someone else must of used it recently.

Uni scratched his end before walking away from the machine, his ears shot straight up hearing a loud splash. It wasn't caused by the ink this time. He looked around cautiously, if it was his friends he is going to be extremely mad.

He took a deep breath and continued on his little exploration. His ears keep twitching at every little sound like his own footsteps, the creaky floorboard, and the little pips of ink hitting puddles. "What happened here" Uni asked looking around, he barely recognizes this place and what is that strange machine he saw. What does it do.

He was hoping that following the pipes on the walls will answer his question. He was also getting annoyed by the amount of ink that was falling on his blue black hair, he hopes it doesn't stain. He opened a door and switched his flashlight on, "Flow" he said reading the button on the wall.

"Does this stop the ink from flowing or" Uni said walking in and looking around. The weird pedestals and pictures above them was creeping him out. If this was a prank his friends took way too much time to make this happen.

Uni was about to turn around and leave. But his sense got the best of it, he slowly pressed the button. He waited nothing happened, "The machine" Uni said running out. He didn't even noticed the empty pedestals.

Uni gasped seeing the machine now alive, it was working. "This is so weird" he said circling the machine again. Uni shrugged it off and started walking towards the exit. Right as he reached the door and twisted the nob. He gasped, it was looked. No jammed, "Come on" Uni said trying to open the door but to evolve. Dried ink kept the knob from turning, it was crusted on there.

"How it was open" Uni said making up till a chill passed through the room making him growl and shiver. His ears shoot up again hearing footsteps as he backed away from the door, "C-come on guys this isn't funny" Uni said.

"Please stop you know how I feel about this" Uni said looking around, his ears twitched hearing footsteps but he couldn't see who they belonged to. "Please" Uni whined this time, something was wrong. Why is he crying, why is he crying god damn it.

"Sheep is time for sleep" Uni said remembering the words his uncle said to him when he couldn't sleep. "Sheep sheep please sleep, sheep sheep", he repeated those words over and over till he fell to his knees sobbing for a reason he can't explain.

"Sheep sheep, why do you weep"

Uni looked up, no one was there but the voice was clear as day.

"W-who's there" Uni said his ears twitching trying to pinpoint the sound.

"Sheep shep, why do you weep" the voice asked again making Uni sniffle. "I'm in love with my best friend b-but he loves another" he said feeling more tears run down his face and land on the floor.

"Sheep sheep you shouldn't weep"

Uni wiped those tears away with his partly stained hands, "W-why shouldn't I" he replied. Why is he talking to no one, why does this voice sound so comforting.

"Sheep sheep dreams come true eventually"

"I know" Uni said as his ears fell flat, "sheep sheep, don't weep" he told himself. "Sheep sheep it's time for sleep".

"Sheep sheep it's time for sleep"

"Sheep sheep" Uni replied.

"Sheep sheep, I promise I'll make your dreams come true"

Uni's ears went straight up hearing that but he didn't believe it. He didn't reply to the voice this time but just sat there on the inky floor crying silently.

"Sheep sheep" Uni said none stop.

"Lamb lamb why are you sad"

Uni looked up at the change of tone,"I'm a lamb" he told himself. He felt so dull and empty, he brought his knees closer to his chest. His hair and clothes stained with ink but he barely noticed.

"Sheep sheep why must you sleep"

His eyes felt droopy as he allowed his head to fall on his knees, he drained. But he forced his head up, he doesn't know what he's feeling. He felt dead inside, his eyes dull. Trapped in an inky prison.

"Sheep sheep"

Uni didn't even flinch feeling a hand on his shoulder and something soaked through his clothes under the limp.

"Sheep sheep time for sleep"

"Welcome lamb of the lord, I have been waiting"