Chapter 19

Hi there.  Please read, Vote, drop me a comment ;)  Thanx to those who got this far.  you guys are super fantastic :)

Raphael:

An uneasy chill ran through him even in the heat of Underworld. The scent he feared, the scent he abhorred, was clogging his senses and making him feel claustrophobic. He stifled the urge to flee and held his ground willing it to pass, but the stubborn scent just taunted him more.

He called on his men, the weaker ones, and dropped them all with a flick of his hand. Their life forces came to him quickly. This time, he didn’t savor the power it fed him. Instead, he cursed the fact that half went to his brother. He would eradicate the entire Rogue army if it could make him stronger than the Shield, but the scent that forced its way down his throat choking him, mocking him and making him feel that he was nothing before it, told him that it was a useless idea.

He growled. Where the hell was he? He resolved to destroy everything in his path to find and kill the Shield. He was Raphael, spawn of Underworld. This was not the end, it was the beginning…

Riley:

Riley lay on the soft grass near the waterfall staring at the night sky. His arms were folded behind his head, and his face contemplative. Silent footsteps neared him.

“Hey.” He greeted without breaking his gaze.

“Hey.” The giant white tiger told him.

“What’s with the overcoat?” Riley teased, finally tilting his head to face him.

Dannek plopped down beside him, resting his huge head on his paws. His emerald eyes sparkled, reflecting the brightness of the stars mirrored in the water.

“My father is against me fighting tomorrow.” He sighed, his animal voice making the sound raspy.

“Don’t push him on it, Danny. You have little sisters that need you.”

“They’ll be safe with the pack.”

“They’ll be safer with you. They still need their family.” Riley reasoned. “You are rare, an asset to the Shifters.”

“And your friend. I cannot let you go through with this on your own.” Dannek said emphatically.

“There’ll be other battles my friend.”

“Not like this. My family, yours, a million others. They were all destroyed by the Phantom. I swore to fight by your side, and I will. Till death.”

Riley sat up, petting the big cat behind the ears. “Dannek, I’ve seen the destruction this war will bring. Not many of us will return. I need you to stay here. Keep Storm safe. She wants to join us as much as you do, but I can’t lose her. Not to Raphael.”

Dannek’s ears twitched. He raised his head to Riley. “What are you asking of me?”

“I’m asking you to do as your father says.”

The emerald eyes grew wide as an involuntary purr escaped his lips.

Riley hastened to explain. “Yes, you would be valuable in the fight, but I’m hard put to leave Storm alone. Zyrah already plans to bind her here. I heard her talk it through with your dad. He plans to do the same to you unless you agree to what I’m telling you.”

Dannek released a low rumble. “They what!”

“Shh.” Riley held out a hand. “Listen, you know her well. She’ll try to break the spell and end up getting hurt. And besides, I’ll be able to concentrate on my duties without worrying about the two of you.”