Chapter 3

Hello, and thanx for reading awesome people :)  Hope you enjoy this one as well :D

Species, breeds…salvation…

Well, right now, his salvation was food. He couldn’t concentrate on the explanations anymore. The elevator dinged just as he was about to reach for a sandwich. He eyed the plate hungrily but another scent drew his attention. One far more enticing than anything he’d ever had the pleasure of inhaling.

A rush of air blew by him and Obsidian was wrapped in an embrace.

His body reacted strangely to the intruder whom he only just noticed. Obsidian turned the person around and smiled.

“Uncle Sid,” She pouted, stopping when she saw him staring.

Her eyes widened in surprise. She knew instantly who he was.

“Riley, this is Zyrah’s daughter, Storm.”

He rose slowly. He could see why they called her Storm. Her midnight black hair hung over her shoulders, framing a smooth, porcelain face. Big ochre eyes silently measured him up. At 5.2, she was tiny in front of his 6.1, almost like a Faerie, but the way she held herself gave him a glimpse of the strength behind the façade. Her clothing was the usual teenage getup. Black skinny jeans; fitted violet top and a pair of Converse laced to the knees.

A flush spread through her already rosy cheeks, and her pout turned into a half smile.

“Finally. Took you long enough to get here.” She reached to shake his hand, but Obsidian stopped her.

Riley shoved his hands into his pockets, embarrassed.

“Not just yet, honey.” Zyrah told Storm and then nudged Riley playfully with her elbow. “You broke Obsidian’s cast, remember?”

He grinned, still not understanding everything that was happening around him and shrugged when Obsidian patted him awkwardly on the arm again.

“Eat. We still have a lot to discuss, and you need to keep your strength.”

For the hundredth time, Riley sank onto the comfy couch. This time the meal didn’t look so tempting. The dark angel across him did.

Storm:

Riley ate slowly, savouring each bite before swallowing. Storm followed his firm hands, from the plate to his lips. His gorgeous lips.

She watched him chew and found the movement of his chiseled jaw fascinating. His hair was a little long around the ears, but the shade of copper was stunning. His eyes when he wasn’t paying attention, would border on teal, and every now and then the colour would separate holding two distinct shades of blue and green. They were a thrilling combination with his angular face and copper hair. There was something about him though that set him apart from the rest of them. She inhaled his scent deeply and her insides turned to jell-o. She shouldn’t have done that. It was so alluring that she almost rushed off her seat to devour him. She was mostly Fae. She couldn’t help it. He smelled of ocean and earth. A potent mix for Fae. But it was laced with spice, and something else, that made it intriguing and powerful all at once. She almost drooled.

His aura, blue-green, never stopped whispering around him making his scent almost euphoric. Her mother caught her look and stared at Riley for a moment, and the aura shimmered away, leaving the air around him clear.

Damn, recast…

Her mother cleared her throat and smirked at Obsidian.

Told you she wouldn’t take it well.’