For the Love of Breakfast

Thanks for clicking on my story! Hope I don't disappoint. Will probably start off a bit cliche but then I hope I can make it original from there. I would love any feedback and ideas you may have while reading the story.

Also, a lot of people talk about copyrights on here... Please don't steal. Like I really have no other way to stop you but like, please don't.

Let me know if I'm leaving anything out you'd want to know. Kind of new to the whole writing thing.

***

Bella Colburn was returning home from college on the same day she had to leave to go to the mating ceremony. It wasn't ideal but she couldn't exactly explain to the humans that May 1st was an important day in the werewolf community. Nor could she skip her last final for psychology. So now she was breaking every speed law under the sun to make it back to the Moonvalley Pack where her parents were waiting for her.

She knew from last years' experience that it would be a long drive on a bus with a bunch of other werewolves from her pack, so she was dressed in a slightly baggy white t-shirt and old faded jean short with her converse on. Her chestnut hair was pulled back into a wavy ponytail and her sunglasses captured her face.

For two and a half hours she jammed out to her music, yelled at drivers who could never hear her and gunned it down the high way and back roads. She's honestly lucky she was never pulled over by any cops. When she finally reached the dirt road that leads to their little-gated community, she turned the music off and lifted up her sunglasses to rest on top her head.

She pulled up to her little blue house and parked her old green Subaru in the driveway.

Before she could even make it out the car, her parents were busting out the front door. As she got out, her mother's frail arms wrapped around her body and the older woman's hair covered Bella's face, leaving her to try and spit blonde locks out of her mouth. Dawn Colburn has always been a slender she-wolf. Her thin body and lack of strength made her the typical housewife she-wolf.

Generally, there were two types of she-wolves. Those who tended households, and those who fought for titles in packs. Her mother fell into the former of the two categories but completely supported the women of the pack that strived for strength and power. That's why Bella is one of the few she-wolves from their pack and all around the country to go to college. Dawn hoped her daughter could achieve more than herself. She was happy with her life and family, but she dreamed of a bigger world for her own daughter.

Bella's father Michael wasn't that strong of a wolf either. He was average in strength and strategy making him one of the many common pack wolves in the country. He came over towards his wife and daughter and wrapped his arms around the two. A second later her two brothers came out the door and joined in the group hug. Bella was actually the strongest wolf in her family, even stronger than her older brothers. The eldest, Michael Jr was slightly stronger than his namesake. Her other brother Jaden was right behind Bella with a pack strength of 7 whereas she was a strength of 8.

After the family hug ended the five of them made their way back into the house, leaving an hour until Jaden and Bella had to catch the bus to the mating ceremony. Her brother Junior had to leave early to go bring his mate to the pack shaman to check on their unborn pup. Her brother Jaden went and sat down with her father in the living room while she and her mother sat at the counter in the kitchen.

"You have got your lucky sneakers?" Her mother asked her. Bella rolled her eyes fondly before nodding her head.

"Yes, don't worry Momma. I'm gonna come back." Dawn placed her pale hand on top of her daughter's. The two women shared a smile before the timer on Dawn's phone went off signaling Jaden and Bella had to make their way to the front of town to catch the bus.