04

The 2:00 o'clock bell rang, which meant the school day was over. The high schoolers stampeded out of the building and onto the buses or to their cars. Teachers were beginning to log off of their computers and other electronics. As soon as all the teenagers were settled, the line of buses began to exit the parking lot of the school building.

Vincent plugged his earbuds into his phone and began listening to his music to block out the sound of the obnoxious shenanigans the freshmen and sophomores were up to at the back of the vehicle. He leaned his head against his seat and stared out the window, losing himself in the lyrics of the songs. The various notes and melodies carried him all the way to his stop. He exited the bus fairly quickly, almost hitting the bus driver in the face with his bag.

He mumbled a sorry and started jogging down the driveway to his house. Well, technically it's not his since he left home, but he doesn't want to tell the school he doesn't live with his parents anymore. Those types of conversations don't usually go very well. Once he hears the school bus pull away, the running slows to a brisk walk as he turns around and goes to the safehouse.

As the teen walks down the road, he notices the dead leaves falling off the trees. They just float gently onto the ground and lay there til they get crushed by the feet of others or snow when Winter arrives. 'Even death can be tragically beautiful sometimes.'

Eventually Vinny gets to his destination and breathes a sigh of relief. He's finally at a place where he knows people actually care about him and accept him for who he is. Mr. and Mrs. Savage grew up in a time period where being anything else but heterosexual was a sin and considered abnormal. So once they found out Vincent was pansexual, they got pissed. There was screaming and yelling, punches were almost thrown but Mrs. Savage managed to hold her husband back.

So now the young male is living in a shed him and his friends use to hang out in when they play games. Keith was probably the most understanding of the situation, mainly because he was raised in a household that taught him to be open to any and everything in life and to not be judgemental. Keith managed to convince the rest of the guys and even some of their parents to help him set the Safehouse up so it can double as a living space for Vincent as well as their hangout spot.

The Safehouse has been like this for a few years now, and it's been pretty decent. Vincent would still prefer to live in an actual house and not just a shed, but at this point he'll take what he can get. A twin sized mattress lying on the floor of a shack in the middle of the woods with a heater is much more prefered than living in a home where he's not accepted.

Once Vincent gets inside his little home, he works on his homework for the night. He gets the usual homework you'd get, some workbook pages for College Math and a packet to work on for his main Astronomy class. He works on as much as he can before his stomach growls and his eyes start to close.

'The rest of my work can wait til first period.'  The young male thinks to himself as he puts his supplies back into his bag with a smirk.