Chapter Ten

Dimitri's POV

Time flew with work, love, and anger. Roza's mood swings picked up drastically. I wanted to hold her, to tell her she had nothing to worry about, but the darkness and the baby put stress on her. It was time killing and heartbreaking.

Roza was over by the Queen when the sirens went off. On instinct my body flew towards the Queen and my Roza. Eddie had gotten in front of the Queen first, so I stood in front of Roza. I stood my ground when she tried to push past me and stand in front of me.

"Dimitri. Move." She ordered. I turned to face her, my gaze snapped down to her stomach then to her eyes.

"No, you are going to stand back beside the Queen. You are pregnant. With my child. Do you understand me?" I said, trying to keep cool. Her eyes darkened with anger, her hands gripped me arms then relaxed. Her arms fell to her side, turned and just before she walked away. My hand smacked her ass before I could stop myself. Her head whipped around and glared at me. What surprised me was that she smiled and winked at me. Immediately, I chucked.

I turned back towards the door. As soon as the door flew opened, I was in fighting mode. At least seven strigoi walked through the door. In the blink of eye, they flew backwards into the wall, breaking into the next room. I snapped my head back to look at the Queen and Roza. Roza's hand was in the air.

'Damn it!' I mentally snapped. I glared at her before I snapped back to the action.

Strigoi piled into the room, but they couldn't move past the threshold. I turned my attention on to Lissa and Roza. They looked troubled, stressed. Then it struck me, they were using their magic.

We fought and fought till the sun came up. Soon after they ran for their shelter, I noticed blood everywhere, but not just from the bodies. Rose. Her body is covered in blood, unconscious in the Queen's arms.

"Roza!" I yelled. I picked her up and ran to the infirmary. That was a bite on her neck and a large gash severed her right leg. I wanted to take her pain. Take her wounds upon myself.

Roza remained in surgery for two hours. The doctors came back and told me that the baby was fine but they weren't sure if Roza or the baby would survive, because of the blood loss. I prayed silently that they would be.

"Oh, Roza. I wish- - I wish." I broke down. I clung to Roza's hand, crying. Wishing, praying that my beautiful Roza comes back to me.

2 months later*

She's still asleep. She lost the baby in the two weeks she didn't wake up. Her body couldn't care for two humans while on this state. I wish she'd come back. Her mental state won't be able to stay alive any longer. It's been 61 days, the doctors says she won't come back after 90 days, after that her mind would shut down.

"Dimitri?" Lissa asked. I turned slightly, facing the queen.

"Yes, your majesty?" I asked. When I said the last part she cringed.

"It's time." She said quietly. Lissa wanted to take Roza off life support. I couldn't let her do it.

I hesitantly nodded leaving the room. Everyone had cleared out the room. Lissa said the doctors were going to take care of it.

All of the sudden an alarm went off. Nurses and doctors rushed to Roza's room. I pushed threw them and tried to see. The window was open and there was a stake on the floor. Rose was no where in sight.

'SHE'S GONE!' My subconscious screamed.

A/N: sorry it took so long I hope you enjoyed the chapter!