Chapter 23

6 MONTHS LATER

"Aww look at her eyes!! Just as blue as yours." I remarked as Millie entered my room.

"Yes yes. Her nose is a bit crooked like Chris." She laughed.

I look at the infant in my hands. She was so adorable.  I was over the moon when Millie decided to stay over at my parents for the first few months. She needed the extra hands to help her with her daughter,Nia.

"Ally,Guess what?" Millie passed the milk bottle to me.

"What?" I started feeding Nia.

"Braden is back." Millie dropped the news.

"And he is back not alone. But with some blonde."

"Oh." Was all I managed to say. I forced myself to focus on feeding Nia.
But my mind wouldnt stop wandering back to Braden.

Who is the blonde with him? Is it his new girlfriend?

"You guys arent even divorced yet,right? And he brings some girl to his house." Millie angrily said.

Braden had sent me the divorce papers but I had not signed them.
I shredded them and dumped them in some rubbish bin I wouldnt want to go near at all.

He probably thinks Im with Jase. Maybe thats why he moved on with someone else.

Jerome entered my room with a frown pasted all over his face.

"Whats up?" Millie asked.

"Braden is here. He wants to see you." He said and left the room.

"Get him here. Im feeding Nia." I simply said ignoring the flips my stomach was undergoing.

Millie volunteered to take Nia to the next room as Braden was going to come here but I stopped her.

She reluctantly left to the living room.

Braden entered the room and I took in a full view of him. After 6 whole months. 6 months,17 days to be exact.

He looked stunning as ever. He looked a bit tired after a long travel. But I was glad he still remembered I existed.

He took looked at me top to bottom but stopped halfway. He was gazing at Nia,who was oblivious of her admirer.
Braden,too,was dazzled by her sweet looks.

"Is she ours?" Braden asked with an apprehensive look.

"What? Nope. Did I look pregnant to you when you last saw me? She is Millie's daughter. Im guessing you never realised she was pregnant,that day you came to her house." I had a smile playing on my face.

Braden shook his head and looked at me. I knew he wanted to ask something and I looked at him waiting for his question.

"How are you and Jase?" He finally asked the question.

"Im fine. Jase... I dont know,probably existing somewhere." I blandly told him.

"What do you mean?" Braden was puzzled.

"I never wanted to be with him." I said, looking over at the blonde beauty who just walked into my room.

Who the hell was she? Entering my room just like that?

Braden noticed the shift in my attention and turned behind to smile at the blonde woman.

"So.. this is Alicia? Your ex-wife?" She asked.

"Ex-wife? Since when?" I saw Alex enter the room staring daggers at Braden.

"Sorry for eavesdropping but Alicia is still his lawfully wedded wife." Alex made that clear and gave me the cup of tea he had made.