Chapter 12

I was cleaning the living room when Braden came back home after his night class. He slumped against the sofa and his face scrunched up with concentration. I decided not to disturb him and retreated back to our room. 

I was chatting with Millie on FB when Braden dragged his feet into the room and proceeded to shower.He was in a bad and I had no idea what caused it.

ME :"He is in a bad mood"

MILLIE : "Whoa! Why?"

ME : "Idk :/ ... not that I care"

MILLIE : "Ohh please. You care. Give him a kiss to chase his bad mood away?"

ME : "Ewww.. NEVER"

Braden was out in a jiffy and I immediately shut that laptop and ran out to the library. Unfortunately I hit the candle holder on the way out and it fell. Creating a loud noise.

"Why cant there be silence in this house?" Braden grunted loudly.

I have never seen Braden in such a terrible mood. I wish Poppy was here with me. I could use her advice now.
I set out the table for dinner and waited for him to come.

It was Braden's new idea that we should eat our meals together. He said thats what normal couples do and we should do that too. Well,he said that in the office when he was a cheerful mood but now,he is like a grumpy old man.

Braden sat down for dinner and it was cue for me to join in too. For the first time, I was actually afraid of Braden.

He helped himself to the food and coffee. Oh yes, Braden has a habit of drinking coffee during dinner. Apparently, caffeine has no effect on his sleep.

He slowly sipped his coffee and watched the rain pouring cats and dog. The weather was grumpy as well.

I stole few glances of Braden. He looked royally pissed.

"Braden, are you okay?" I asked but it came out more like a whisper.

He turned his head towards me,placing his coffee on the table.

"Why did you hide it from me?" He asked.

My mouth almost opened in shock.

Did he got to know about my past? Oh crap,I should have told him earlier.

"I..I..I was.. I didnt..I am sorry." I stammered. My hands were starting to shiver. I got the images from my past flashing in my head.

Three days before the wedding...
"Alicia, just run away with me. We can live life the way we want. Build a home filled with love. Get lost in each others arms daily. Like this." He embraced me.
"I cannot,Jase. My family wants me to marry Braden. I cant disappoint them." I cried helplessly. He cupped my face and looked into my eyes. His amber eyes making me want to swoon even in such a dire situation. "Tell them we are in love." He said. "No, I cant." "Why,Ally? Why not?" He dropped his hands to my arms and held them tightly. "You are the son of my family's business rival. They will never agree to this. Never at all. Jase,forget me." I wailed.
"Look here, I love you. I will wait for you. My doors are open for you. Come with me. Forget that guy. You dont have to marry him." I forced his hands off mine and the ring he had gifted me slid away from my finger,signifying that it had no more meaning to it. "Remember,I will be waiting for you,Alicia!!" Were the last words I heard from him as I ran back to my house,weeping incessantly.

"I am sorry,Braden. I didnt mean to hide this from you." The tears were falling from my eyes. I had cheated Jase. I had cheated his feelings and hopes. Now, Im cheating Braden too.

"I fired him from the office. He doesnt deserve to be working there anymore." I stopped crying and looked up at Braden.

"What?" Was all I could bring myself to ask. What was Braden talking about?

"I fired Greg. How dare he checks you out infront of me! Bloody idiot! He was praising your looks to everyone in the office. How dare he talks about my wife like that? Uncultured fool." Braden spat.

I let a huge sigh of relief. Braden doesnt know about Jase. Thank God!

"Oh my.. Braden. You were pissed for this? Calm down. You know I wont cheat on you, right?" I asked wiping all my tears away.

Because you have already cheated Jase,my conscience told me.

"Of course,you wouldnt. But I cant stand someone admiring you. Because only I am your husband." He looked at me sternly.

I nodded my head.

Braden shook his head."Alicia, Im sorry. I didnt mean to be possessive but no husband can tolerate that."

"Its okay. I get where you are coming from. Just dont lose your cool. You scared me." I smiled at him.

"Sorry for that too. I just didnt know how to react." He gave a silly smile.

It formed knots in my stomach which I didnt want to address. I picked up his coffee cup and gave it to him to finish it up.

"Goodnight, Ally" he said before I left to the bedroom.

Ally. He called me ALLY. He sounded exactly like Jase. So exact,my heart started its palpitations 

I locked the room's door and opened my drawer. It revealed a photo album with words "A&J" beautifully written on it. I opened the album to see a photo of us sitting on a bench looking at each other with love. I flipped to the next page to see another photo of us smearing cake on each other during our private 3rd anniversary celebrations.

I was at loss of words. I loved Jase,with my every breath. I never imagined a life without him but now,I am living one.

Can I go back to the past?

AUTHORS NOTE [Important]:
I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far!!! Please comment on your thoughts! I would love to hear them.

Personally, I feel bad for Jase. Poor guy.

Anddd... FYI, I will be starting school next week. Which means I cant update as regularly . But I will try to be as constant as possible. Please dont forgo this story,no matter what.

Cause,all hell is gonna break lose soon 😆😆😆

P.s. Pleaseeee vote!