5. Heart of Darkness

Every town has one. The spooky house that all the kids avoid. Ours was Thornhill. The Blossom Family's mansion. With it's very own graveyard. And trapped, within its walls like some Gothic heroine, Cheryl Blossom; still grieving from her beloved brother Jason, linked in death. Even as they were in life.

Jughead, Betty, Kevin and I were in the offices for the Blue and Gold

"This is how my dad had his murder board before it got trashed." Kevin explained. 

"Any leads on who did that? Or what they were looking for?" Jug asked. 

"Nope. No fingerprints. They stole a bunch of files, background checks and all the video and audio tapes of police interviews." Wow, what did they want to find out? Or god forbid, what were they trying to hide? 

The door opened and Trev came in. "Hey, Y/n." 

"Trev, hi." I said, smiling at him. "Sorry to interrupt, I-"

"No! It's okay, we're just working on.." I started.

"Our murder board." Jughead finished. I looked over at him and he just shrugged. Don't scare the kid Jug. "Well, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow." He said.

"Yeah, absolutely. It's a date." I said, and the words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop it. It wasn't a date. And Trev knew it too. I needed information and he was happy to give it to me.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said and waved him off. I turned. "Going on a date with Trev.." Kevin said, suspiciously. "Does Papa or Brother Andrews know about that?"

"Kev, I'm not on house arrest. No one in my house is thank god. It's all back to normal. And also it's not a date date."

"You..just called it a date. You literally said 'it's a date'." Jug said, looking at me. "I know what I said, it came out before I realised. Why do you care anyway? Are you jealous?" I teased. He looked away, as a small shy smile appeared on his face.

I looked back at the murder board. Was he blushing?

"It's just a cover. I'm actually getting information for Betty from him because she can't leave her house. We have access to one thing that your dad doesn't." I said, looking at Kevin. "The kids at Riverdale High. You know, maybe Trev knows something about Jason that he didn't think was important." I could see Jughead thinking hard.

______________________________________________________

We were all outside at lunch and we were heading to sit on the bleachers. "Y/n, you're positively radiating Nicholas Sparks, tell me everything about this Trev." Veronica said.

"Oh there's nothing to tell. He's just one of Y/n's sources there's no romantic feelings there at all." Kevin answered.

"Why is everything weird here? Why can't a date just be a date?" Ronnie asked. "What about you Archie, hows life in a PG world?" She continued. We all just stared at her. "PG? Post Grundy? What? Too soon?" She asked. I nodded. A little yeah.