CHAPTER 4

Sitting in the class taking notes, Austin's hand keeps on hovering over his mobile to feel it vibrate but it never does. He is getting frustrated now. More than two hours have passed and she still hasn't replied. Is she engaged in some kind of work or does she fear talking to strangers? However, the thing bothering him the most is his own anger....that too over a stranger? He shakes his head. No!No!No! This isn't right. She's probably not even thinking about him whereas he's blowing his brains out thinking about her. And the worst thing is he doesn't even know why she is ruling his thoughts. His third class has just started when his mobile vibrates. He immediately retrieves it from his pocket. As soon as he sees the message, his face lits up. It is a message from Savleen saying 'Hello!'

After debating with herself for a while, Savleen finally decides to reply. After all what is she going to lose, right? She has no qualms in admitting it to herself that she is actually looking forward to his reply. She has always wished to travel and explore the whole world, learn different languages, taste different foods and most importantly, know different people, their nature, their culture. Since she knows her wishes can never be realised, not in this lifetime atleast, then why not just grab the opportunity she got? Atleast she will get to know him, his culture, his world.....the beep of her phone brings her out of her thoughts. It's him.

Aus : I was thinking you will never reply. What took you so long?

So he was waiting for her message. She didn't know why but it made her glad that he was actually interested in talking to her.

Sav : Well! I saw your message just now.

Why tell him the real reason, she thought.

Aus : Really now? Is this the real reason or...?

Sav : What 'or'?

Aus : Or were you afraid?

Sav : Afraid?? Me? O please, Savleen Kaur is not afraid of anything.

Liar! her mind screamed at her.

Aus : Okay! that means you are afraid of 'anyone'

Sav : What? Did I say that?

Aus : No you didnot but you didn't even deny it. You just said you are not afraid of anything. You didnot say that you are not afraid of 'anyone'.

Damn him! She thought. Who the hell does he think he is? Teasing her like that....

Sav : So you are an American?

Aus : Trying to change the topic now, aren't you?

God! It was actually fun teasing her. He could sense it, she was getting angry and he was finding it interesting.

Sav : Being clever now, are we? No seriously Mr Parker, did you message me just to fight?

Aus : No, not really. I was actually looking for some sort of entertainment Miss Kaur.

Entertainment? Is he serious? Are all handsome men like him? If they are then she'd rather talk to someone plain like herself.

Sav : I am not a clown. Find some one else. Goodbye!

Austin is doubling over with laughter. But when he sees her last message, his laughter stops. Okay fine! this has gone further than he had intended. He decides to put a stop to it. He really wants to know her.

Aus : Hey! I was just kidding.

Sav : if your idea of fun is pissing off others then I am sorry I didn't find it funny.

Aus : I am not like that okay. Can we start fresh?

Sav : Fine! But only if you promise not to make fun of me again.

Aus : I can't promise but I will try my best....Savy ;)

She just can't believe this guy. One minute he's talking of starting fresh and the next minute he's giving her winks and nicknames. But nonetheless, it makes her smile. Strange, isn't it when she should just stop talking to this handsome cocky stranger.

Sav : Okay Aussie!

Aus : Aussie? Really Savy? This is the only name you can think of? Its so girlish.

Sav : Really? Awww.....I thought it was cute...Aussie!:D

Aus : SAVY!

Sav : Don't you 'Savy' me now. You started it....learn to bare the consequences as well.

Aus : Okay! Tell me about yourself.

Sav : Umm...what do you want to know?

Aus : Lets start with...what are you doing these days?

Sav : Well! I am a final year student with English honors. What about you?

Aus : I am pursuing my masters in Finance and Accounting. So hows it? Studying English I mean...

Sav : Well! Its actually good. You know there is such a vast difference between the 13th Century English and today's Modern English. English has undergone a lot of transformation.

Aus : Ya I guess it has.

Sav : Anyways, its quite late. I guess I should sleep now.

Aus : Ya, whats the time over there? Most probably 11 something, isn't it?

Sav : Yup! you live in America right?

Aus : Yeah! in Chicago. You in India, isn't it?

Sav : Ya, somewhere in India.

Aus : Where exactly?

Sav : Well! I'll let you know someday maybe...

Aus : Okay! I'll be waiting.

Sav : :) So, I guess there's a vast time difference between India and Chicago...

Aus : Yup! Chicago is 11 hours 30 minutes behind India precisely.

Sav : So its still morning over there?

Aus : Yeah! 11:10am

Sav : Ohh okay!

Aus : So? Goodnight then...

Sav : Goodnight! Take care Aussie!:)

Aus : Goodnight to you too! Take care Savy!:)