CHAPTER 3

"Oof", Savleen throws her bag on the bed and lies down. Its been a tiring day and the temperature didnot help at all. Its damn hot outside and after the day she had, what with all the running around as well as working in that clustered room, she's feeling so lazy and sleepy.

Just as she's drifting off to sleep, her mum's voice startles her, "Savleen" "Savleen". She groans and gets up "Yes mum?" Her mother asks, "Don't you feel hungry girl? Its 4 already and still you come home and lie down." Just on clue, her stomach grumbles. She looks down embarrassed and mumbles, "Actually I am very tired mum so......" she trails off. Her mother laughs, "Like I don't know, whether you be tired or not, you just need an excuse to sleep." Savleen looks down ashamedly and whines, "Mummy". Her mother laughs again completely enjoying her discomfort. "Okay, come now, have your lunch. Then you can sleep all you want." Savleen smiles, thats like her mum. She knows her inside out.

After lunch, Savleen trudges back to her room lazily, where she notices her younger sister, Naina is already seated and practicing maths as well as playing One Direction songs. Just by listening to the songs, Savleen's mood lightens up and her laziness vanishes. Just as "Best Song Ever" starts playing, Savleen starts singing along with it. She's so busy singing it in her own tune that she doesn't even notice that Naina has already switched off the song. Suddenly she realises it and stops singing. She turns towards Naina and finds her sister looking at her funnily, "What? Why did you stop the song?" asks Savleen. Naina answers, "I thought since you are already wasting your breath, why should I waste my mobile's battery?" "Then play it on your ipod", Savleen replies and laughs inwardly knowing very well that her reply will make her sister angry. Naina glares at her, "You very well know what I mean Savleen." Savleen laughs,"Oh come on now little sister, don't be a spoiled sport, you know I was just kidding." Her sister sighs, "I know yaar (buddy)." Savleen looks at her sister closely, she looks stressed, "What's got you so sad and worked up?" Naina looks at her in disbelief, "Didn't I tell you a few days back? My finals are starting tomorrow. How can you just forget it?" Savleen groans inside. Her sister is right. How can she forget it? But in her defence, Savleen has been quite busy since a few days. Every year, her college holds a Wall Magazine Competition. Every department has to participate in it. The Editor of the Department is selected from the final year batch. This year Savleen has been selected from her Department as the Joint Editor of the Magazine. The Co-Editor is her friend, Sulekha. So, with all the work, not to mention her upcoming Sessional exams as well, it completely slipped out of her mind, but still that's not an excuse. She sighs, "I am really sorry dear. But you know how busy I have been with the Magazine work as well as my upcoming Sessional exams." Naina nods, "I know but its my Boards this time so I expected you to remember it atleast. Anyways! its okay. Enough talking, I should study now." Savleen feels bad. She answers, "I am really really sorry dear. Its just....I am sorry. Ok! you study now. I am going to lie down for a while. And just chill! I know you are going to pass out with flying colours. All The Best!" Naina smiles, "Thanks sis, anyways, you sleep." Savleen nods and lies down. Soon enough, she's lost in her world of dreams.

Three hours later, Savleen wakes up with a start at the feeling of something cold seeping through her top. And sure enough, there stands her sister with a half filled bottle of water in her hands. Savleen looks at her fiercely, "Why did you do this?" Her sister looks at her innocently, "What are you saying? What did I do?" She raises an eyebrow at her, "Really now?" Naina shrugs, "Look at the time and you will know yourself." Savleen takes a look at the clock and gasps, "Oh God! is it 7:30pm already?" She yawns and stretches and then makes her way to the washroom. She washes her face and then comes out wiping it. She sits down on her study table to edit some articles for the Wall Magazine.

By the time she's finished editing, its already half past 9. She gets up and looks around her searching for her mobile but its nowhere to be seen. Its most probably still in her college bag. She takes it out and checks if she got any calls or messages. No missed calls but there a few Whatsapp messages. She scrolls through them and they are all either forwarded texts or videos and images.

Next she checks her facebook messages. She's got two facebook messages........one from the Representative of her class informing her of tomorrow's Department meeting. The other one is from a person named Austin Parker. He sent a 'Hi!'...who can he be, she wonders. She clicks on his profile pic and the image that pops up leaves her wonderstruck.

'Oh My God!'

Words cannot describe the handsome face that she sees infront of her......Brown hair, green eyes, a cute nose and a muscular build. She never thought she'll ever see anyone so hot. She's not the one who checks out guys but out of all the guys she has seen till date, none compares to him. She gets confused. Why would someone like him message HER.....HER of all the beautiful Chinese, Japanese, British, Australian, American, Italian, French and Other Indian girls....HER? She checks the time, he sent it a couple hours ago. Will it be wise to reply?

So what do you think guys? Will Savleen reply? If you like this chapter then please VOTE and COMMENT