CHAPTER 2

Austin comes back to his apartment still basking in the glory of his victory. Ah! How he missed those school days when his friend Lucas was always there to celebrate all their victories together....although they both had completely different backgrounds yet they hit it off the first time they met. They were together throughout their school days. Back then they were inseperable and the night they won a football match together, they would go out partying and have unlimited fun. But now Lucas is back to his birthplace Italy, studying Law.

They still talk but its not the same anymore. Austin's present best friends William and Caroline, both are busy tonight. William has gone to meet his parents who live in Los Angles while Caroline has a date. Though Austin is feeling lonely at the moment yet he is happy for his friends. William had insisted he stay but Austin just didnot have it in him to stop him. He was visiting his parents after a whole year....who was he to stop him? As for Caroline....after months of crying over her ex boyfriend Jacob and his betrayal, she has finally decided to move ahead! As for his parents they have gone on a business tour and will be returning after a few days.

Just his luck....

Out of all the people he loves deeply, not even one of them is there with him to celebrate his victory. He sighs and sits down on the couch, his mood already dampened. He rubs his eyes tiredly thinking what should he do now that he's alone.

Finally he decides to some 'facebooking' (Well! this is not exactly a term but then.....who cares? :P) He opens his facebook account and scrolls through his messages. Most of them congratulating him, he thanks them all. However, very soon he gets bored. Just then he remembers William asking him earlier to check some girl named 'Emily's' account, who's probably interested in Austin. She keeps on bugging William asking him to introduce her to Austin. He goes through William's 'Friends' list thinking why not check out who this 'Emily' is...who knows he may get interested in her. Sure enough! he finds her. Oh Yes! he has seen her in the University. She's probably in his class. He has noticed her and she's quite beautiful but somehow he didn't know why he's never been interested in her.

He's randomly going through Caroline's 'Friends' list, when a name suddenly stikes him. Silvia....it sounds oddly familiar. Where has he heard this name? And then it clicks. How can he forget her? She's the one who caused him so much agony. She was so desperate to become his girlfriend a few years back that she haunted each and every place he visited. God! 

He was so pissed off. He had to hide in his house for so many days....it felt like he was under some kind of house arrest. Thankfully, she didn't know where he lived. Anyways! when she realised he wasn't interested in her, she found herself someone else, for which he was just too glad.

Just as he's about to log out of Caroline's account, a name catches his eye. Savleen Kaur....it has an odd ringing to it. He wonders what sort of a name it is. He opens her profile pic and there she is....black eyes, black hair, oval face, pale complexion. She's got a kind of innocent aura around her. Her name and face....no, she's definitely not an American. She's beautiful but her beauty is quite different in comparison to the beauties seen around in America. He checks....Yes! Just like he assumed, she is an Indian. But Caroline never told him she had an Indian friend....Oh Well! they have never discussed India as well. He rubs his eyes tiredly, its 12:30 am. His whole body is aching.....he hadn't realized until then how tired he was. He decides to get some sleep but then he smiles devously thinking, " Tomorrow morning I am definitely going to make sure she knows I exist." With this thought in his mind he goes to sleep.

Sunlight is pouring through the window, the sun's beams kissing every nook and corner of his room. He is lying on his bed looking at the colourful beams. He looks at the time, its 8am. His class starts at 9am. He reluctantly gets up from the bed and goes to the washroom to freshen up. After he comes out, he picks up his phone from the night stand and thinks about last night.....Should he? What if she doesn't reply? What if.....to hell with all the what ifs. He leaves aside all his doubts and just messages her. 'Hi!' He looks up at the time again, its 8:15am already. He gets dressed and goes out locking the apartment behind him. He starts his car and leaves for the University.