Chapter 17 : Switching Sides

Start from the beginning

Getting home, Valentine instantly stripped out of her clothes and tried watching TV but her phone kept on ringing off the hook. Raising her phone to check the caller ID, Valentine raised her brow before answering the call.

"You must have my money?" She asked.

"No, Isaiah just left but um what are you doing tomorrow?" Lala asked.

"Why? I said what I had to say. You only wanted to be business partners right? You got that. Bye." Valentine said before ending their car and plugging her phone back up on the charger. But her phone started buzzing non stop, thinking that it was ringing, Valentine grabbed her phone. Going to swipe ignore, Valentine noticed all of the text messages Lala had sent her. "Oh boy. Now they got her? What type of shit are they on? They were better off sending Asia my way, maybe they would've got me. Stupid asses." Valentine said unlocking her phone and went directly to Lala text messages.

Lala : Omg why did you hang up ?!

Lala : Rude ass !!

Lala : Meet me tomorrow at the hair salon

Lala : I promise you're going to want to hear this

Lala : Fine with your stubborn ass but don't say I didn't warn you 

Lala : You made them even angrier

Valentine laughed before taking a screenshot of her messages before sending them over to Marcus. And not even ten minutes later, he was calling up her phone.

"What is she talking about?" He asked.

"I'll have the whole story for you when you come over. You are coming over right?" Valentine asked she rubbed Chanel as she laid next to her. Benji was too busy humping his chew toy.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few. Why, you miss daddy?" He chuckled making Valentine laugh.

"Don't know him. But yes I do miss Marcus David Thompson. Is it okay to miss him?" She teased making Marcus chuckle and nod his head as if she could see him.

"Yeah you could miss daddy and your ass better not fall asleep, you know how you could get." He said making Valentine giggle and stick out her tongue.

"You better hurry then, I feel myself dozing off already." Valentine said then threw in a snore making Marcus laugh at her.

"Aight so I'm staying on the phone with you. How was your day Ms. Lady?" Marcus asked making Valentine smile and shake her head. She chose that nickname over Lil Val any day.

"I'll tell you about that when you get here because it started off as shit. But I'm still breathing. So you know? I can't complain. How was your day?" She asked getting comfortable on her bed.

"It was okay. It could've been better. Can you make it better?" He asked making Valentine blush.

"That's it. I'm throwing my phone. Okay?" She continued to blush.

"Why? Then how am I going to talk to you?" He asked.

"Leave me alone Marcus!" She faked a whine before laughing. "I don't know who you got your smooth talking from? But can you please give it back to them? Please?"