Chapter 2 : There's Neighbors ?

There's neighbors ?

Coming back from the mall with Chachi, Valentine was now exhausted

Coming back from the mall with Chachi, Valentine was now exhausted. But she had made plans to meet up with Chachi tonight. Not being able to hear from Valentine for almost a week, Chachi wanted to show Valentine the fun side of Miami. So she had invited Valentine out to this night beach party. Going to put the key inside of the door, here came a football flying Valentine's way. "What the fuck?!" She asked before looking around. But no one was insight. "Where the hell that damn ball came from?" She asked bending down to pick it up, but jumped at the sudden voice that stood behind her. "My fault." He said making Valentine stand up and face him. There stood a shirtless boy in a pair of basketball shorts with his Prestos on his feet and his dad cap to the back. "Oh shit." He said himself as well. He did remember Ms. Val mentioning giving her house to her only grandchild, but he didn't know they would look so much alike. The frown Valentine held on her face was the same frown Ms. Val had made when they first met. He was supposed to be walking his dog when he ended up making mud puddles in Ms. Val's front yard. "What?" Valentine asked still holding the ball in her hand. The boy shook his head before giving a small smile. "You're Ms. Val's grand daughter right?" He asked as his smile grew even bigger. Though she had never met Valentine, Ms. Val acted as if she known Valentine her whole life. And her father was the one who had kept Valentine away from Ms. Val and her daughter. "Yeah." Was all Valentine said. She was still stuck on where the hell did this boy come from ? But she didn't notice the house that was on the other side of the bushes that actually kept them separated. "Nice to meet you, I'm Marcus. Your next door neighbor." He said making Valentine nod her head. "Valentine." Marcus smiled before nodding his head. "So... Can I have my ball back? I'm kind of in the middle of practicing?" He asked making Valentine smile. "Sorry, here you go." She said handing the ball back before watching him jog back over to the bushes and run through them. Valentine shook her head before going inside and closing the door. "There's neighbors?" She furrowed her brows. Maybe Chachi was right, she needed to get out more than just going to grab herself something to eat. Placing her bags down, Valentine kicked off her peach Adidas and walked over to the kitchen. She grabbed herself a bottle of water before heading upstairs. Hearing some boys cheer somebody on, Valentine couldn't help but to be nosey. She walked onto the her balcony and watched as the boys goof around. Standing in the middle Marcus held the football in his hand as he jumped around. "One more time! Let's do this!" The guy with the timer in his hand shouted making the boys go back into their positions. So Valentine took a seat wanting to see what they were so happy about.

Hearing her doorbell constantly ringing, Valentine got up from the couch and headed over to the door with a frown on her face. She was supposed to stay asleep until nine o'clock. That's when she was going to start and get ready for the night out with Chachi. "Who?" Valentine mumbled standing on her tippy toes to look through the peephole. There stood four older ladies with pans in their hands. Valentine furrowed her brows before stepping back and opening the door. "Hi. How can I help you?" She asked in the nicest way possible. But on the inside she was fuming. Did I really get woken up out of my sleep for some baked goods that they're going to sale to me ?! Wow. "Yes. Actually you can, hello sweetie. We're your grandmother's neighbors and we wanted to welcome you the best way we could. So may we come inside?" The lady in the front asked with a big smile. Valentine smiled before stepping back and letting them inside. As each and everyone of them passed by Valentine, they all greeted her with all sorts of sweet nicknames. Closing then locking the door, Valentine followed the four ladies into the kitchen. "Have a seat honey, we're all very good friends of Val's. She was like the glue to this sisterhood of ours. So don't get all shy on us. Okay? I'm Ms. Mary by the way." She smiled before revealing her pan of bake macaroni with cheese. "Hi Ms. Mary, Valentine." Valentine said before taking a seat at the island. "Hi baby." She smiled making Valentine think about the boy that she had met earlier. "Are you Marcus's mom?" Valentine asked making Ms. Mary smile and nod her head. "He's actually the one who had let us know that you had made it in town." Ms. Mary smiled as one of the ladies sneakily rolled her eyes. But Valentine ignored her. "Oh okay." Valentine said nodding her head. "I'm Ms. Jolie, all you have to do is call me. Okay baby?" The taller lady smiled as she revealed her pan which was filled with curry chicken. "Hi Ms. Jolie." Valentine smiled as well. The other two ladies were Ms. Annabelle and Ms. Tonya, Ms. Tonya was the one who rolled her eyes. Ms. Annabelle had bought Spanish rice and beans while Ms. Tonya had bought home made sticky wings, butter biscuit layers and some sweet marshmallow yams. She wanted to make sure Valentine had a complete meal. "Awe this is so nice. Ya wouldn't even believe how many times I've ate out." Valentine cooed as she grabbed a couple of plates, spoons and cups. That's one of the things she made sure to keep around, juice. Valentine couldn't bare without having anything to drink. "You're welcome and we could give you a little tour as well just in case if you need anything hun." Ms. Jolie smiled taking leaning against the island. Always wanting a daughter with the four boys she have, she planned to treat Valentine like her very own. "Thanks." Valentine smiled.