"I think the three of us can fit under this." He said, looking up at his umbrella.

"I'm fine." Niall chuckled, pulling his hood on and walking off.

"Well I know we can." Harry smiled, linking arms with Zayn, pulling him close.

"You okay?" He asked as they began to walk.

"Just woke up late." Zayn mumbled.

"Is that all?"

"I guess." Zayn said, feeling irritated now.

Is that all?

What did he mean was that all?

Zayn had a significant reason for feeling the way he felt, damn it.

He pulled away from Harry, sighing.

"Babe-"

"Look, I'm fine, okay?" Zayn almost snapped.

"Obviously you're not." Harry said, staring at him.

"Well here and now certainly isn't the time or place do discuss it. So whatever let's just get to class." Zayn said.

Harry didn't say anything else, following him.

He decided to give Zayn some space, hoping he'd be feeling better by lunch.

But in Zayn's second class of the day, he was asked to present.

Presenting wasn't Zayn's thing.

At all.

He politely said no, but the substitute insisted.

Zayn still refused, and she wouldn't leave him alone about it.

Other students were staring, whispering to each other about how ridiculous he was being, and sighing heavily as if Zayn was causing so many problems for them.

In the middle of all of this, Zayn broke.

He began to shake, fighting to keep his composure.

He fought with all that was in him, and eventually she left him alone, informing him she'd be leaving his teacher a note.

"Dude why didn't you just present?" A student near him asked, giving him a look.

"Why don't you just go kill yourself?" Zayn hissed at him, tears building in his eyes.

"What the fuck is your problem?" The guy frowned, attracting attention.

Zayn struggled to breathe, getting up and grabbing his bag.

He rushed out of the classroom to the bathroom, slamming the stall door after he was inside.

He tried to calm himself down, failing miserably and releasing a broken sob.

Zayn sank down onto the floor, crying quietly and trying to ignore all the voices in his head telling him he was weak, and overreacting.

But of course the voices got through, making him feel completely worthless, failing to see why he even tried anymore.

How was he supposed to make it through life if he couldn't even stand up for himself without feeling like he was going to pass out?

How could he ever do anything if he couldn't even talk to a stranger on the phone?

Why did everything have to be so difficult?

These questions and many others circled through Zayn's head until he eventually stopped crying and had calmed down, slipping into a dull and hopeless state.

He remained that way, and it was very obvious to Harry and Niall at lunch.

"Need to talk about anything?" Niall frowned with concern.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Harry stared at him, bothered by how sad he looked. "Babe what happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it, it's stupid."

Niall knew what that meant.

"Zayn I told you before that whatever you feel is just how you feel. You can't help it."

"Yeah? Well how come everyone else can, hm? Why is it so easy for everyone else?" Zayn snapped.

"It isn't. Everyone has their own battles that they feel are weird or insignificant or something." Niall said.

"What upset you?" Harry asked.

Zayn sighed. "I don't know, okay?"

Harry blinked. "Well there has to be a reason-"

"No there fucking doesn't! I don't have to explain! I couldn't even if I tried! Sometimes I'm sad and there's no specific reason at all! Yeah, that's a thing. Not everything is pastel umbrellas and rainbows and smiles! Not every person's depression has a reason! Got it?" Zayn yelled at him.

The moment Zayn began to yell Harry flinched enough for Niall to notice.

The entire time Zayn was yelling Harry seemed to shrink, his expression falling.

But by the time Zayn finished, Harry's expression was hard, and cold.

Regardless of the hurt in his eyes, he gave Zayn such a look before he got up and walked away.

"Fuck!" Zayn spat, getting up and storming off in the other direction.

Niall just sat there, blinking a few times before he slowly went back to eating his lunch.

Trouble in paradise wouldn't stop his appetite.

××××××××××××××
A/N: Zayn's rainy day is based off of the day I had today. So if you have days like this too, you're not alone.
-Z

P.s.- yeah, I wanna punch a bunch of people in the face too, you're not alone there either

P.s. 2 - Trouble in the land of Zarry. Thoughts?