Restoration

"We got company!" Mark shouted inside the castle before running back to the others. Half of the soldiers inside poured out, the other half remaining to defend the subjects.

"What the hell are you doing out here Nate?" Mark shouted at the musician. He was armed with a mic, and nothing else. His leg had healed slightly, but still had a bandage wrapped around it.

"Getting ready for my big concert." Nate winked.

Once the soldiers, the three captains, Mark, Jack, Cry, and Felix ran up to attack, Nate started singing a song he had been working on for months to encourage the troops.

"I'm down but you know I'm not out, I've got another round,
Second wind and it's picking me up right off the ground,
I'm coming back again,

Can't break me I'm not givin' up, I gotta prove them wrong,
Take your time 'cause I'm not taking mine, I gotta stand up strong,

Voice in my head said to keep on going,
Don't let 'em see you bleed, don't want your weakness showing,
Need you to see me,
If you could just believe me,
Tell me it'll all be fine, that's a lie,
If I don't reach out then how could it be mine?
Need you to see me,
And know what it's like to be me,
If you could just believe me!"

Nate's voice was heard across the battleground loud and clear, the troops raising a battle cry as Nate started the next verse. Mark couldn't help but bob his head to the beat as he ducked to avoid a stray aria that came from somewhere.

"Lost sight and my knuckles are white
Not gonna break and bend,
My whole world was crumbling down,
But I'll still mend,

My bones, my skin breaking down wearing thin,
Won't break my will, no I'm not giving in,
What doesn't kill you's bound to come back for another,
You gotta fall, you wanna walk out stronger,

Voice in my head said to keep on going,
Don't let 'em see you bleed, don't want your weakness showing,
Need you to see me,
If you could just believe me,
Tell me it'll all be fine, that's a lie,
If I don't reach out then how could it be mine?
Need you to see me,
And know what it's like to be me,
If you could just believe me,

I've found the strength and now I know where I can confide,
I've found a way to tame my own monster inside,
I've made my way and now I see it, I can reach it now,
Hold on to me, be sure you've got it memorized,
Yeah we'll survive the night

Voice in my head said to keep on going,
Don't let 'em see you bleed, don't want your weakness showing,
Need you to see me,
If you could just believe me,
Tell me it'll all be fine, that's a lie,
If I don't reach out then how could it be mine?
Need you to see me,
And know what it's like to be me,
If you could just believe me!"

The subjects inside applauded while the fighters kept their guard up, making sure to keep the Demons away from the castle the best they could.

"Go, I'll hold them off until you get to the castle!" Robin shouted at Jack.

"I can't leave you out here!" Jack shouted back.

"I'll see you and Signe on the other side one day." Robin smiled sadly before Mark basically dragged Jack inside.

It wasn't long until Jack heard him cry out in pain.

"No!" Jack started to run back outside. Felix blocked him by wrapping his arms around the other man until Jack finally gave up. For the first time since Mark met Jack, he saw tears trail down his cheeks.

The Demons began banging on the door to try and get inside, the subjects scurrying backwards.

Jack dried his tears and gritted his teeth in rage, ready to avenge Robin.

Mark wished he had one last chance to hug Chuca and Amy as he readied himself for whatever would happen next.

Cry stood alone, but he didn't mind. He was ready to defend the last kingdom standing with all of his might.

Felix bumped Brad's fist one last time as they stood side by side, ready to die for each other if necessary.

Suddenly the banging stopped, an eerie silence falling over everyone inside.

Mark warily poked his head out the door to find Dark and Anti alive and standing in front of their army. They had bandage, scrapes, and bruises everywhere, but they were alive.

"It's safe to come out now." Dark promised them with a weak smile. Hesitantly, Mark, Cry, Jack, and Felix stepped out.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't execute you all right now for nearly killing both of us." Dark snapped, his demeanor quickly changing.

"We didn't know that there was an alliance!"

Mark looked over Dark's shoulder to see Amy standing behind him with Signe and Marzia.

"We attacked you because we though that you killed our loved ones!" Amy continued.

Dark's expression softened slightly as he glanced over at Anti, taking Anti's hand in his.

"I guess as long as you don't try and do something stupid like that again..." Anti sighed.

"Great! Come inside and we'll work out a treaty." Mark ushered the two Demons inside, their army remaining outside, unsure of what was happening.

It didn't take long until the five kings reached an agreement. Dark and Anti would repair the kingdoms, and in the meantime the civilians from Felix's and Jack's kingdoms would stay in their castle until the repairs were done. Cry's and Mark's kingdoms were mostly intact so they were fine.

As far as repairs, they took much longer to complete. However, after only a few years, all of the kingdoms were intact with their rightful rulers bringing more people to their realms.

Although it had taken a long time, Felix and Marzia had finally taken back the crown, and order was restored once more.