Out Of The Frying Pan And Into The Fire

Jack squinted through the darkness to try and see anyone or anything, which was almost impossible to do. He could faintly see the outline at Dark, so he swung his dagger at him.

There was the sound of fabric being torn accompanied by a grunt of pain.

Dark retaliated by lashing out blindly at him with his fist, hitting Jack in the stomach. All of the air in Jack's lungs were expelled with a wheeze as he doubled over in pain before quickly recovering and stepping to the side to avoid the sword that barely breezed past his cheek.

Abruptly, light flickered to life on the black obsidian walls from torches, allowing Jack to finally see his attacker.

Mark.

His cape was nowhere to be seen, a gash evident in his blue and black shirt with his hand over the small wound, blood dripping from in between his fingers.

"Mark!" Jack ran over to him and examined him for any other injuries.

"I'm fine." Mark waved Jack off, using a piece of his shirt sleeve to bandage his side.

"You idiots!"

Mark and Jack jumped when Anti emerged from the shadows with a menacing grin.

"In this world its kill or BE killed!" Anti lunged towards them with his own dagger that dripped a deadly looking poison, the drips melting through the floor.

"Not yet Anti, be patient." Dark gently placed a hand on Anti's shoulder to stop him. Anti reluctantly lowered the knife, glancing at Dark with a sour expression.

"As entertaining as it would've been to see you two kill each other without knowing it, I have something better in mind." Dark circled around Mark and Jack.

"Like what?" Mark's eyebrows furrowed in suspicion.

"I have a proposition for you. Kill Anti and me, then I'll free your friends and you may leave. We kill you two, and we will keep all of you here. Do we have a deal?" Dark offered Mark a hand to shake.

"Jack?" Mark looked over to his friend for his opinion.

"They don't call me boss for nothing." Jack grinned, rolling his neck which made a soft pop.

"Deal." Mark shook Dark's hand.

Immediately Anti pounced in top of Jack, tackling him to the floor. Dark seemed to calculate his moves, both Mark and Dark circling around each other while trying to decipher each other's weaknesses. 

"You'll never get to see your kingdom or Amy ever again, I'll enjoy watching them both burn." Dark taunted, eliciting a spark of rage inside Mark. He fought his temper down before swinging his sword towards Dark's chest. Dark avoided the attack by jumping back.

"You can't win!" Anti chuckled gleefully from where he had pinned Jack to the floor.

"Watch me." Jack gritted his teeth as he managed to roll over, pinning Anti down before making a clean slice with his dagger across Anti's neck. Anti hissed in pain as he placed a hand around his throat, neon green blood dripping from in between his fingers.

Dark was momentarily distracted when he heard Anti, giving Mark the advantage and allowing him to cut through Dark's side.

"You will PAY!" Dark roared in fury, swinging his sword at Mark. Mark parried, stumbling back due to the amount of force, but managed to keep his defenses up. His side was burning in pain, but he ignored it, focusing on the task at hand.