Let's Get Down To Business

"Listen Jack, I need your help." Mark spoke to the small green eyeball in his room from his perch on the bench by the large opened window. Boss Sean Septiceye, or Jack as Mark calls him, has hundreds of small green eyes that he uses to communicate with other kingdoms or if necessary, to spy. The green eyes could pick up people's voices and see them as well.

"What's up Mark?" Jack's voice spoke clearly through the eyeball, unsettling Mark slightly. He hated that he couldn't see who he was talking to, yet Jack could.

"Felix's kingdom was taken over by the Demons, we need to do something. From what his captain Brad told me, everyone's presumed dead and Felix and Marzia are both missing, but not dead as far as we know now." Mark informed him.

"I'll send a septiceye over to Cry's kingdom and see if he can help to. His people know the Demons better than we do." Sean said before the septiceye flew away.

Mark sighed wearily as he sank down onto the edge of his bed, running a hand through his blue hair.

"Hey Mark."

Mark looked up to see Amy enter the room and sit down beside him, Chica padding up to his feet and promptly laying down on them with a soft huff. Amy had changed from her blue night dress into a simple black dress with blue flats.

"It's hard to imagine a kingdom that large being taken over that quickly." Mark shook his head in disbelief.

"I know, but Jack, Signe, and Cry will help us take back the kingdom and find Felix and Marzia." Amy promised him, squeezing her hand reassuringly.

"What if we're attacked next?" Mark wondered aloud worriedly.

"If so, we have the militia prepped to escort the subjects to the next safest kingdom and fight back if necessary." Amy assured him.

"That's what Felix's militia did, and look where it got them." Mark frowned.

"Look, don't worry about the what ifs, focus on what we know for sure." Amy advised.

"You're right as usual." Mark smiled as he pulled her close in an embrace and kissed her forehead.

"I know." Amy smirked playfully.

"Your Majesties, Bosses Signe and Sean are at the door." Tyler announced from where he was standing in the doorway to the room.

Tyler was one of Mark's closest friends that he hung out with when he was younger. Now, not only was he his friend, but he was also Mark's most trusted commander.

"We're on our way." Mark nodded in appreciation. Tyler snapped off a quick salute before walking off, disappearing from view.

Mark and Amy walked down the stairs and swung the black doors open to greet them.

"Your Bossliness." Mark gave him a mock bow. Jack was wearing a black suit with his green cape around his neck

"Fuck you." Jack smirked, giving him a high five that almost sent him sprawling to the floor. He had extremely strong arms, even though he didn't work out. He claimed it was because he had plus one biceps, but Mark wasn't sure if that was the real reason.

"Hey Signe!" Amy hugged Signe. Signe was wearing her traditional green gown with white flats, her short brown hair barely curling past her ears.

"Not that I don't like you guys, but why are you two here?" Mark asked Jack.

"Our kingdom was attacked as well, we barely managed to escape." Signe explained hastily.

"We have what's left of our militia with us, but our kingdom..." He trailed off, swallowing hard.

"Come on in." Mark ushered them inside. They both nodded in appreciation as they entered.

"Your militia is welcome to stay in the barracks with mine, or if necessary I'll empty one." Mark offered.

"I'm sure they can get along." Jack stated confidently before poking his head out the door.

"You'll be staying in the barracks with King Mark's militia!" Jack shouted to his troops before ducking back inside.

"How did you guys escape?" Mark asked them.

"We figured we'd be attacked at some point, so we made an escape route out of the castle that leads to the edge of the kingdom." Jack explained.

"Jack, are you here?"

Mark jumped in surprise when Cry appeared in front of them. Cry was a spirit, meaning that he could travel anywhere in the blink of an eye and was almost completely invincible, making him a powerful, yet dangerous ally. As usual, he was wearing a dark purple cloak and his white neutral expression mask.

"Signe and I are here, my kingdom was attacked by the Demons as well." Jack muttered bitterly with a scowl.

"The Demons have already tried taking down mine as well. Thankfully they didn't succeed." Cry reported.

"That must mean ours is next." Amy's eyes widened in panic.

"Which is why I'm here with my best men." Cry stated reassuringly.

"What's the plan?" Mark tried, but failed, to restrain a yawn. He hadn't gotten any sleep yet and it was early in the morning.

"The plan is that you two get some sleep while Cry and I think of something." Jack told them somewhat sternly.

"But-"

"You both won't be any help if you're tired. Jack and Signe never sleep and neither do I." Cry added.

"Fine, wake me up after thirty minutes." Mark yawned once again as he trudged up the stairs with Amy trailing behind him.

They both fell asleep as soon as their heads hit their pillows, exhaustion quickly taking hold of them.

"Now," Jack cracked his fingers once Amy and Mark were upstairs.

"Lets get down to business." Jack grinned.