Day One - Matt

Song of the section - Rock You Like a Hurricane by Scorpions

Thanks for 5.5k!!! This is a little gem that I wrote in December for the Block Party but decided to cut at the last minute...

Senior year. This was it, my last year to shine. I intend to make it the best damn senior year a guy could have. The top status was already mine, I was the man everyone looked up to, the man all the girls waited on, the man our school counted on.

That's right, I'm the shit. And who f-ing cares if I know it. Everyone knows it, why not own it. So I do. Screw everyone else.

My crew is with me, anticipating the start of a kick-ass year. The cheer squad is surrounding us, also salivating over the year to come. And each of these lovely females has doe eyes for me.

Too bad, they aren't good enough. I don't want a girl who's already been passed around. I deserve someone untouched by the disgusting male population at this school. Yeah, some of them are my best friends, but that's how I know they're disgusting. Effing pigs.

Standing in the hallway with my eyes scanning the rest of the student body, my eye catches some fresh meat, a new kid I've never seen before. The douche is wearing a black hoodie, with the freaking hood up, trying to look like a badass. That is the surest way to get an ass pounding around here. I decide he needs to learn a lesson about who's the real badass. That would be me. So I keep my eyes on him.

I can tell he senses my gaze because he looks my way. Then our eyes lock. He's not backing down. I have to give him some credit for his balls, they must be enormous. But that didn't make it a smart move on his part.

Then he actually had the nerve to laugh. Yeah, he's on my shit-list now. Time to get the crew on board.

"Pete, check out the new guy. Thinks he's the shit." I hiss.

Pete looks over at the dick, "Nice try, bro. Not happening." he replies.

"What's with the effing hood? Is it raining in here?" Jeff chimes in. The guy never looks back before turning the corner.

"Well, looks like we found our fun for the year, boys." I declare to the nods of the entire crew.

"He was creepy" Courtney states. She's a junior, new to the squad, but seriously hot. She's already dated two of the other guys on the team so there's no way I'm going for her. Other than the occasional hook-up that is. I mean, she is hot as hell.

Just as the thought of Courtney's lips pass my mind, a sweet little thing turns the corner with her head down. I know her, she's been in at least one of my classes all through school. I'm pretty sure her name is Amber, but she doesn't look like the Amber I remember. The summer had been good to this one.

This girl is smokin', and I can tell she doesn't have a clue just how smokin' she is. Her hair is a reddish brown, and I usually go for blondes, but I could step out of my norm for her. She seems shy, I don't remember hearing her talk much in class. She never looked this good before, I'm trying not to show how much I'm into her. It would not look cool to have my jaw on the ground, but that's seriously where it would be if I unlocked it. Drop.dead.gorgeous.

This Amber was my new mission. She's the kind of girl I could get comfortable with, the kind of girl that wouldn't give me too much shit. Hell, I don't think she would even know how to give me shit, I'm sure she's never had a boyfriend.

I watch her continue to walk down the hallway, suddenly realizing that Pete is talking to me. Play it cool, man.

"Are you game, bro?"

I hadn't heard what he is asking about. I'm sure it's fine, considering these are my boys. "Yeah, fine" whatever it is.

"So meet us in the quad for lunch and we'll figure out who's driving"

Shit. I should have asked. But now I have to play it off like I know what the hell he's talking about. "Sounds good."

The bell rings and I fist bump the crew, wink at all the girls and pinch Courtney's ass before heading off to first period English. I sucked at English but it was senior year, so who gave a fuck. I am sliding through the year to graduation and nothing was stopping me.

Just as I make my way into class, my eyes take in a very welcomed sight: Amber sitting in the front row. English just became my favorite subject.

I'm about to break all of my own rules for class – sit in the back, never raise your hand, cheat as often as possible- and walk right up to the front row, taking a seat right next to Amber. I glance over at her approvingly. Smokin' as hell, this girl.

"Hey, I know you." I say with my signature smirk.

She looks over at me with wide eyes, gesturing to herself as though I couldn't possibly be talking to her. She's right, this is very out of the norm for me.

"Amber, right? I'm Matt" I smile at her. I'm sure she knows who I am, but I can be a gentleman.

"Um, yeah, I know who you are." She says and blushes. Her hotness factor just went up. Damn!

"Looks like we're in for a great senior year." Her mouth drops open, most likely because I'm still talking to her. I don't blame her for that, I'm pretty much a living legend around here.

"I guess. I mean, I hope so...um" she stumbles over her words. I do have that effect on females.

"Hey, I know you're a really good student. I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me out with this class. That is if you have time to work with me?" I smile again, and her mouth drops, again.

"Um, s-sure, yeah I have t-time." She stutters her response. Does she have a speech problem? Nah, she's still just star-struck.

"Great, why don't you meet me after school in the parking lot and we can head to the library. Is that cool?" I don't need to ask, of course it's cool. But like I said, I'm a gentleman.

"Sure" she finally smiles at me.

Yes, this senior year will rule them all.

^^^^^

Are you wondering why this got cut? I was really excited by his part, honestly, so when it occurred to me that my post may be too long, I realized Matt needed to go.

It seemed to me that although this was Matt's essence at the beginning of the story, prior to any self reflection however limited it may be, it just gave away too much about him too soon. I thought if readers knew about Matt before reading Amber and Garrett's first parts, the punch would have been pulled.

But I'm so glad you get to read it now! He is still a piece of ... but he has grown and changed more than you might realize. And the overconfident swagger he brings goes right along with Rock You Like a Hurricane...