Chapter 1 ~ The Distraction & Concussion

"Look in my eyes, what do you see? The cult of personality. I know your anger. I know your dreams. I've been everything you want to be."

I look up at the ramp, confused as to why they was playing Punks music when he was not even in the same state as the show. The distraction left just enough time for Seth to grab my arm. I tried to get away quite a few times however everytime I tried to pull away his grip tightened and I felt the burning sensation all the way through my arm. I winced at the pain and dropped to my knees.

I glanced up when I felt my wrist go numb and I realised Seths hand had been removed from my wrist. I saw a figure pulling Seth off of me. His body was turned away from me and he was sporting an oversized black hoodie that covered pretty much all of his face. Plus, the parts of his face that was uncovered gave no indication as to who it was. He (or she) was completely unrecognisable.

Dazed by the lights in my face, I stood up quickly and tried my best to find my feet and escape. I spun around and gasped aw I was met with a spear delivered by Roman Reigns himself. My head smashed against the apron after coming in contact with the unexpected manoeuvre. I winced in pain and heard the roar of Roman Reigns before a sharp shooting pain finally surfaced followed by an unbelievably high pitched screeching noise before finally falling into a pool of pure darkness.

I gasped for air and felt my chest relax. The lights in the unfamiliar room pressured my eyes making them water and sting a little. I winced as I tried hard to sit up. My head felt like it weighed a tonne and I thought I was going to be sick. My head was spinning and it made me wince in utter agony.

I heard movement coming from the corner of the room. I squinted to try to visualise where the sound came from. "Hey," A familiar raspy voice began. "Your up." He stated. As the silhouette stepped into the light I could see exactly who it was. Joe. I held my hand to my head and continued looking at him.

"No shit." I responded bluntly and sarcastically. I was really pissed at the fact I'm probably concussed after the little segment earlier in the evening. Joe looked upset and so he should be. He can't go spearing anyone he wants whenever he wants.

Joe put down the medical tape he was playing with in his hands down on the desk that I was sat next to. He glanced up at me. "I'm sorry about what happened out there Jord. I promise it will never happen again." He swore. I rolled my eyes which I regretted instantly after due to my head stinging even more. "I was trying to get the guy with the hoodie on but you obviously ended up taking the move." He shrugged a little and looked away.

"Nah, it's okay Joe." I told him reassuringly before I waved him off. "Who was the guy in the hoodie?" I asked. "I don't really recall him begging in the script or in the line-up for the segment?" I said, my sentence casually reformed like a question.

Joe shrugged his shoulders, helplessly. I sighed. "It wasn't Phil. It couldn't have been. He's not even in this state at the moment." He reminded me. "He kind of left straight after so we didn't get to see him backstage." He mumbled, mainly to himself as he wandered through his thoughts. "How is your head then?" He asked, changing subject slightly.

"It really hurts." I told him truthfully. He nodded in understanding and apologised once more. "It's okay!" I tried to reassure him. "So what did the Doc say?" I questioned, slowly positioning my body so that I was now sat upright whilst leaning against the wall.

"He's pretty sure it's a concussion. He said that you don't get hit like that and have no impact. Surprisingly, it's only a slight concussion and he just wants you to rest for a few matches." He informed me. I nodded slightly just so that it didn't hurt my head. "You want me to take you back to the hotel?" He offered.

I nodded, accepting the offer before gladly taking his arm that he held out. "Thanks." I mumbled, wincing as I got off of the doctors table. "I need to get my bags from the locker room." I informed him. He nodded and guided me out of the room.

"I'll meet you in the car park in 10." He suggested. I nodded slowly so that I wasn't straining my neck. "You need help getting to the locker room?" He asked. I sent him a glare and sighed. He chuckled at my wanted independency and shrugged. "Whatever, only asking." He raised his hands in a surrendered gesture.

"Mm." I laughed a little as he backed up and began walking in the opposite direction, towards the parking lot. "Bye." I said as he turned his back and continued walking. I held my hand to my neck as I began making my towards the locker room.

"Jordyn!" Nikki exclaimed, startling me as soon as I stepped foot over the threshold of the locker room. "Oh em gee." She flailed her arms around. "Are you okay?" She asked, eagerly, putting her arm around me. Brie came over with a caring look on her face. She smiled gently as she and the few remaining women in the room looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"Concussion." I shrugged nonchalantly, asking for absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. A few of the girls gasped. I mentally face palmed. "It's nothing too bad." I subtly shrugged Nikki's arms from around me as I retrieved my bags from the same place I left them in.

"I hope you're okay." Trinity smiled sympathetically. I smiled back halfheartedly as the other women just watched me. I muttered a thank you and received hugs from a few of them. Eventually, I made my way out of the locker room and down the corridor, in the direction of the exit which led to the parking lot.

My eyes wandered around the corner and I saw Stephanie and Paul both stood with Warren, one of the road managers of WWE. All three of them was on the phone, making various business calls. Stephanie's eyes met mine and she smiled in hope. "How's the head?" She mimed eccentrically.

"Concussion." I mimed back. She pouted and Paul looked over at me. I half-smiled and went back to his phone call. I exited the arena and looked around the lot. I saw Joe's black escalade parked pretty much directly in front of me and I wandered over.

I climbed in the vacant passenger side and the music was blaring throughout the car. My hands shot to my ears and I let out an unusual and indescribable sound. "Turn this shit down, Leati!" I shouted over the noise. He reached for the radio volume control and turned it straight down. I smacked his arms and shoulders repeatedly. "Pinche Pendajo." I looked at him in disgust before getting settled in my seat, chucking the bags on the floor of the car.

I heard fits of laughter coming from the back seat. I spun around quickly in bewilderment. I noticed Colby sat there looking between myself and my cousin. I turned back around and sighed. Joe looked at Colby in the back seat. "You're Mexican, what'd she say?" He asked.

Colby continued chuckling to himself and I glared over at Joe. "Really should have took Espanol mi amigo." I laughed as he rolled his eyes angrily. He started the car up and set off driving us in the direction of the hotel.