**

Jade
Everybody was already in full swing when I arrived at the station. They either ran around randomly or went through piles of paper like The Flash himself. 

Just witnessing the energy that radiated from each one of us in here decreased my tiredness significantly. I suddenly felt as if I had had three espresso shots and one Redbull in one sitting. 

So with this newfound energy, I made my way to my desk. Getting there the first two things I noticed was a smiling Jesy and a not so subtle Zac throwing glances at her from across the room. 

"You're glowing, Jesminda. Did something special happen with Zac yesterday?" I teased. 

"He fixed the broken faucet in my bathroom and stayed for coffee" Jesy smiled. 

"Nothing more?" 

I raised an eyebrow in disbelief, knowing she would spill the beans and tell me what really went down yesterday. 

Jesy just looked at me, with a teasing look in her beautiful eyes, that seemed more green than brown today. 

"Thirlwall! Nelson! There's been a murder in the car park at 45 Royal Road. I want you to go over there and take a look at the scene!" Chief Thompson suddenly yelled from his office. 

"Got it, chief! We're leaving right now!" We yelled back.

Jesy grabbed the car keys from her desk. Before she headed towards the exit, I wrapped my fingers around her wrist and held her back.

"You're not getting away, I have to know what else happened between you and Zac. I know he didn't just fix your faucet and then had coffee with you" I said.

"Alright, alright, I will tell you. But after we have dealt with this. Let's go get our car and find out what the heck has happened to the poor soul."  

At the crime scene. 

The entire car park was roped off by the time Jesy and I arrived. A bunch of London's best police officers and detectives could be spotted a little here and there, investigating the scene and questioning people in the area. 

Spotting the dead body of a brown-haired woman, who looked to be somewhere between her early to mid 20's, lying on her stomach beside a white Van, Jesy and I went over there to take a look and find out what our CSI Rachel had come up with. 

"What do we got, McAdams?" Jesy asked once we approached her and the victim. 

"Madison Miller, 21 years old and co-owner of her mum's company Miller Enterprises. She's been shot multiple times in chest and back, and as you can see here, one of the bullets went through her back and came out through her stomach" Rachel explained. 

Before I had a chance to take in what she was saying, she showed us where the bullet went through. The view activated my gag reflex, causing me to throw up in my mouth a little. 

"Did she die recently?" I asked, trying to remove the attention from the awful view. 

"Four hours ago, to be exact" Rachel said. 

"If she died that long ago, how come we just found out about it?" Jesy asked, confused. 

"She didn't lie out in the open at first. An elderly man and his wife found her lying under their Van for approximately thirty minutes ago" Rachel explained. 

"So, this Van in front of us belongs to the couple who found Madison?" Jesy asked. 

"Yup" Rachel said, as if it wasn't a big deal. 

"I'm impressed the couple didn't get a heart attack or something" I said. 

"Yeah...well, the gun shots are not the only thing interesting here. While I was examining her body for other injuries, I came across a mark on her back." 

"Can we see it?" Jesy asked, curiosity lacing her voice. 

"Absolutely." 

Rachel grabbed ahold of Madison's white shirt and pulled it up so me and Jesy got a clear view of her back. 

Right in the middle, the all-seeing-eye was engraved. A thin stream of blood slowly streamed from the symbol that had given me chills since the first time I saw it. 

As I observed the symbol, tried to figure out why the killer would engrave such a thing, it suddenly hit me I had experienced this exact same thing before- where I've come to a crime scene and the victim had been marked with the all-seeing-eye in the middle of their back. 

But it had been a while since the last time I saw one. And the last time it happened was when Sam Duchannes was on the loose. 

And as far as I knew, there were no chance whatsoever that he had escaped prison. He would serve his sentence until his dying day, to pay for all the crimes he committed under a period of five years. 

He couldn't possibly have returned to finish what he started. This time it had to be someone else, someone who just took after Sam's gruesome ways of killing people.

____________________________________________________________

Took me forever to write this chapter. Been constantly interrupted all day and then I've studied for my big ass exam in biology tomorrow morning, which I'm not prepared for at all. I'll read through the chapter tomorrow, I'm too tired do to it now.

So now I'mma go to sleep, it's almost 3 AM here and my alarm goes off at 5..

Good night, lovelies!

-

M

At All Costs || Jerrieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें