{T w o}

Allison's POV

The next day was rainy and just ultimately miserable.  It basically described my feelings.  I feel like I can relate to rain because it makes me feel as if I'm not crying alone anymore.

Anyways, Izzy was out working at her job.  She was a waitress at the local café, where, surprisingly, she made a good amount of money.  As for I, I worked at the local record shop.  Izzy had wanted to work here too, but I may have told her to "fuck off, I want this for myself".  Let's say she didn't speak to me for a week...Oh well. 

As I was walking out of our house, I put up my umbrella so I wouldn't get soaked.  The shop was only a couple blocks away, so I could easily walk there. 

Careful not to step in any puddles, I walked along the sidewalk in silence.  The roads were basically dead at the time.  Nobody wants to be in this mucky weather. 

The patter of the rain onto the umbrella was soothing in my opinion.  It made me forget about my problems for a bit.  It's strange, the smallest things can give me a sense of comfort: the crackle of a fire, the patter of rain, the gusts of wind blowing through the trees.

Me being my clumsy self, I had accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I quickly mumbled, taking a quick glance at the person, and continuing on with my walk to work.  All I had really saw was hair that sort of resembled a reversed skunk? 

I finally had arrived at the record shop, so I unlocked it with the key I had and walked in.  I closed my umbrella and shook as much of the rain as I could off from it, a preventative way to decrease the amount of water that will drop onto the ground.  Walking to the back room, I placed the umbrella on the ground and made my way back to the front desk. 

With a sigh I thought to myself, this is gonna be a long day.

***

The rest of the day was quiet.  Not much happened, only a few customers and music playing softly in the background entertained me a bit. 

By the time my shift had ended, the rain had stopped.  I grabbed my umbrella from the back room and walked out of the record shop, locking the door on my way out. 

There was a light breeze that blew through my long dirty blonde hair.  It was still cloudy, but the weather was peaceful other than that. 

The walk back home only took about 10 minutes.  When I got home, I walked in and saw that Izzy was home from her job as well.

"Hey Izzy." I greeted the brown eyed girl.

"Hey Alli." She replied back. 

"So, how was your day?" I asked her.  She looked over at me and had a mischievous look on her face.

"I met a boy." She stated happily.

"Oh damn, really?"

"Yeah, his name's Calum.  He's in a band."

"I like bands." I stated stupidly.

"I know." Izzy laughed, "And I may or may not have invited him and the rest of his band over tomorrow." She smiled nervously at me.  I, in response stared at her with a blank expression.  If you haven't noticed already, I absolutely hate being social with other people.  The only person my age that I really talk to Izzy.  It's a sad life, I know. 

"You're lucky I love you."