Chapter 7

Later that day, Emiko waited at home,laying on her bed, thinking about the practice session that she led. Earlier she had instructed the two first years and the second year to complete certain training activities that would improve their different skills in volleyball. Each boy had different things that they were good at. Tobio was a genius setter, Hinata had a good jump and Tanaka was quite well rounded over all, however he lacked defensive skills. Her phone rang, breaking her out of her thoughts, making her sit up. The screen showed an unknown number.

"Hello?" Emiko asked after answering the call. The line was silent for a second.

"Hey, is this Kageyama Emiko?" a male voice on the other side inquired, their voice slightly nervous.

"Yeah, who is this?" she replied, a quizzical look on her face.

"Ushijima, Suzuki gave me your number." realization dawned onto Emiko's face as she heard those words.

"Oh, Ushijima, how have you been?" she asked awkwardly, never really talking to the tall third year before. They had met each other when the Shiratorizawa academy volleyball teams went to Emiko's first official match in high school. The two got on well enough, it's just they didn't have much to talk about. They had a few things in common but they never had time to talk as he was a year older than her and they didn't have much time to talk either way since both were busy with volleyball.

"Fine, what about you?" Ushijima answered, his voice ringing in Emiko's ears.

"Fine as well. Ushijima, why are you calling me?" she asked the question that had been irritating her for the past few minutes.

"Well, i wanted to ask if you'd want to go out sometime." Ushijima inquired, his voice more confident.

"Yeah, who else would be going? Will Tendou and Suzuki be coming?" she asked, missing the meaning of his question.

"Oh, well, that's not really what i meant." Ushijima mumbled incoherently.

"What did you say?" she inquired curiously, laying down on her bed again. The soft sheets enveloped her in warmth as waited for him to say something.

"Oh nothing, i don't know yet who else will be coming but Tendou and Suzuki most likely will be coming." Ushijima replied, sighing slightly.

"Is something wrong Ushijima?" Emiko asked urgently, noticing the change in his tone of voice and the sigh. Did she do something wrong? She couldn't think of an answer to that question, she hoped that Ushijima would answer it.

"Nothing, nothing to worry about." Ushijima said in a slightly happier voice that seemed to be faked.

"Well, if you're sure." Emiko drawled out suspiciously, letting it go for now. "I'm sorry Ushijima, but i'm going to have to go now as i'm going out in a few minutes. Text me the details of when you want to hang out." Emiko added, sitting up and walking to her wardrobe to grab a jacket.

"Oh, Ok. I'll text you later." Ushijima said and hang up the phone. Emiko placed her phone in her pocket, grabbing a black jacket to accompany her black jeans and white shirt. She walked out of her room, grabbing her bag, and shouted to her mum who was downstairs.

"Mum, i'm going out. I'll be back in a few hours." her voice traveled downstairs, letting her mother hear it.

"You know the drill honey, be back before ten and if you need to stay out longer text either me or your father." Her mum shouted back as Emiko made her way down the stairs, her bag hitting her side.

"Ok,mum." Rapidly, she put on her shoes and walked out the door, the sun beamed down on her face as she strolled through the street. It was a nice day, the sun was out, clouds weren't upstaging it and there was a light breeze. It was a perfect day, what could go wrong?

It took Emiko a few minutes until she reached a shop, she entered it and looked around for some meat buns to get for her brother and his friends, or soon to be friends. She passed by the ice cream section, knocking a short boy who was getting something out.

"I'm sorry." she said, looking down at the boy who seemed to be shorter than her by about 10 centimeters at least. The ice cream that was previously in his hand was back in the freezer where he dropped it.

"It's alright." The boy replied looking at Emiko, his brown eyes surveying her face.

"I'm really sorry, again." she repeated and went to move away, only for the boy to grab her shoulder, pulling her gently back.

"What's your name?" The boy asked, his cheeks slightly red but a small smile on his face.

"Kageyama Emiko." Emiko smiled at the short boy, extending her hand for him to shake. He took it, his grip strong yet gentle.

"Nishinoya Yuu. Nice to meet you." His smile broadened as she shook his hand back. "C-can i have your number?"

"No offense but aren't you a bit young for me?" she said slowly, finding it cute that he would ask either way. The smile on his face faltered.

"I'm seventeen." he mumbled out, looking at the ground, having a feeling he would be rejected even if he was her age.

"I'm sorry, i didn't mean to offend you. Yes, you can have my number if you still want it." she responded quickly, not wanting to offend the boy. "Here." she said taking out a pen and piece of paper from her bag, writing down her number.

"Thanks." Nishinoya answered taking the piece of paper, giving her a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry again, for both things." Emiko told him and left, going to grab her items and then leave. Nishinoya continued standing there, staring at the girls back as she walked away, leaving him with a smile on his face and a piece of paper in her hand. He looked down at it to insert her number into her phone.

' 68-856-3447 - Kageyama Emiko x'

The kiss at the end threw him, maybe he didn't scare her of completely. He put in the numbers and her name into his contacts. She was beautiful in his eyes, her appearance challenged Kiyoko's, which was hard to admit for him.

A/N - sorry that i haven't updated recently and sorry id it's bad, but here you go. I hope you like it, please comment and vote to tell me whether you do or not.