Places she shouldn't be

"-How much do you know about your Kwami?"

Adrien looked at the small creature on his bed. "Well, he likes camembert, he can turn me into a super hero, and he's a little shit most of the time."

"That's all you know?" Alya honestly thought Adrien more would ask more questions about a magical fairy who can give him the power to destroy anything. She sat down cross legged on the end of the bed.

Adrien shrugged. "Plagg talks a lot- trust me - but he doesn't talk about himself much."

Plagg turned to him and put his lil' hands in the air. "You never asked!"

Alya cracked open the book, and started to read. "Kwami are gods,"

"Damn strait." Plagg said. Adrien shushed him.

She continued. "Once captured by man-kind and put into smaller items, like jewellery. This created the common story of the genie in the bottle. Over thousands of years, the Kwami accepted their slavery, and humans as their masters. The Masters and their godly servants fused together to create beings of immense power; The Miraculous."

Adrien stopped her. "Wait, Plagg- Slavery? I thought you were always like this- or like being a super hero was your choice."

Plagg shrugged. "It's not that bad if you use my power for good."

The boy didn't seem convinced. "Do you want me to set you free? Can I even do that?"

"Not until we defeat Hawkmoth. And after you get me more camembert. That's my favourite thing about having a solid form. When I'm a god I can't eat."

Alya interrupted reading louder to shut them up. "The Miraculous of old were both heroes and villains- but joined together against a common enemy. An unnamed evil, a calamity, a darkness seen neither before nor after the Miraculous lived raced over the planet, engulfing all in its wake. There are many theories of how the darkness began. The most widely believed version is that the evil was created from the gods being unjustly contained. No scripts remain on how the Miraculous defeated the darkness, but one thing is known; every one of the thirteen Kwami Masters was killed in the battle."

Adrien ran his hands through his hair. "That's heavy"

"After that we were all given to the keeper." Plagg said.

"Keeper?" Alya asked.

Plagg rolled his huge eyes. "It's the guy who keeps all the miraculous, and gives them out to the holders. When the keeper died he past them to the next keeper, then him to the next one after that-"

Alya heard the door to the hotel room open behind her; she turned to see Nino walk in, holding a coffee. She slapped the book quickly overtop of Plagg, silencing him. It was more important that Plagg was hidden than if he was comfortable.

Nino froze when he saw her cross-legged across from Adrien on his bed. "What's going on here?"

He was rightfully confused. Alya knew she would have been too if she was in his position.

Out of the corner of her eye Alya saw a wisp of black smoke fly from under the book towards Adrien. She placed the book in her bag and got up. "We were just learning some things about Shanghai, planning for later in the trip." She walked past him. "See you later, Nino."

He spun in place, still holding the coffee. "So what, you're just going to go?"

"Yep! See ya." She called through the closing door.