Chapter 10.

All POV’S are in the same time frame. As in this is what each boy was thinking, at the same time as the others.

*Tyler’s POV*

He won’t even look at me, never mind talk to me. He just acts like I’m not even there. It’s like I’m invisible to him, even Mum and Dad have noticed that something’s wrong between us two. They keep trying to get Dyl to talk to me, by asking stupid stuff like “Asher, tell your brother to pass the salt”, but not even that works. He just reaches right past me, grabbing the salt or whatever object that Mum or Dad needs.

I know he’s hurting. He’s hurting and so am I. There’s nothing I can do to stop all this hurting though. I did the right thing by breaking up with him, I know it may not seem like it now, but I know it was the right thing. Dylan deserves someone who can treat him right, someone who will show him off to the world, someone like Scott. I can’t be that person for him, as much as I’d like to be. I can’t.

 I’m his brother, its “wrong”.

What hurts me most is hearing him cry in the dead of night. Every night for the past 2 and a half weeks, that’s all he’s done. Cry, over the pain I caused him. I think Dyl thinks I’m asleep, but how can I sleep when the boy I love is less than 20 feet away from me?  A boy who I’ve hurt. A boy who I’ve caused pain to. A boy, that’s also my brother.

His cries are silent, but I can still hear them .Every now and again, a sob will escape from his lips. Just like now. Dylan is lying in his bed, curled up in a ball with is back to me cuddling into his childhood teddy. I can’t even see him, and I know that this is the position he’s in. All I want to do, is be lying there next to him, wiping away his tears with a gentle kiss and telling him everything will be okay.

“I’m sorry” I mouth to him. “I love you”

I wish I could say it to his face, but he either wouldn’t believe more or he’d want to get back with me. I don’t know which one would be worse. It would be heart breaking for me, to see and hear him deny my love for him but on the other hand, him getting back with me would just not end well at all. People would get hurt, and it would be my fault. My Dyl would get hurt.

I watched him until he fell asleep and I closed my eyes to do so my self.

*Scott’s POV*

Something’s wrong with Asher, and I don’t know what it is. He’s just miserable all the time and nothing I do cheers him up enough. I can make him smile and laugh, but he’ll just go right back into his miserable state.

I know it has something to do with Tyler, and when I find out what it is, I’ll kill him. I’d probably still kill him, even without knowing. He’s just lucky I haven’t ran into him yet. Nobody hurts Asher and gets away with it. Nobody. If you hurt Asher, then you should expect to be hurt just as much in return. That’s the way it is, that’s the way it’s always been. Even before we got together, I always protected him, and I always will. No matter what. Even if something happens between the two of us, and for whatever reason we no longer speak, I’ll still protect him.

2 and half weeks ago, Ash ran into my house sobbing. He wouldn’t tell me what made him cry, all he said was ‘Tyler’.

He spent the night in mine, that night. We didn’t speak much, but it wasn’t awkward. I just cuddled him in bed and let him cry it out. He’ll tell me when he’s ready to tell me, I won’t force it out of him. No, I’ll never put Ash in a position he never wants to be in.

I tried to get him to spend more night in mine, just so he wouldn’t have to see Tyler, but he wouldn’t have any of it. He wanted to go home.

I don’t know what to do anymore. I sighed as I lay down on my bed, on my back and stared at my white ceiling. I closed my eyes and I saw him. I always see Asher when I close my eyes; he’s always on my mind. I can’t ever recall a moment of any day, where Dylan-Asher hasn’t been a part of my thoughts and if he’s not in my thoughts, he’s right there in front of me.