Chapter 6

Serena's POV 

It was 6.15 pm and I was hungry. I quietly crept into the kitchen as my mother wants me to diet and I really do not understand why. I have a muscular physique and everything is fine but I guess my mom is worried about me having muscles as I am a girl. Well I think she is right but mostly I don't give a second thought about it and mostly listen to my stomach. So I slowly passed my Mom who was busy talking on the phone and entered the kitchen. But there I found my second Mom, Marina.

"Hungry, aren't we?" She said over her shoulder as she continued making something.

"I came for water," I blurted out as that was the best excuse I could find.

"Okay fine," she said as she turned to me and held out a glass of water.

"Thanks," I murmured as I gulped in water. I could hear Marina sigh. She knew that I came for food and not for water and hence passed me a plate. I quickly looked at it and found boiled vegetables.

"Seriously?!" I pouted as I shove the plate away and want back to my room. 

I went to my room, grabbed my phone and texted Ash.

SerenaYv: I am hungry, I am coming over

AshK: Wait what?!

I shut my phone, grabbed my bag-pack, took a lollipop and my favourite cap and headed towards Ash's house. I will find plenty of food there.

After around an hour, I reached his house. I wasn't to huge neither to small, it was a decent house with two floors and a basement with a garage. It had a huge lawn with flowers growing of each and every size and colour. The fences covered the whole area and there was little mailbox just in front of the door. There was a gravel path that connected the door to the gate. I entered the lawn and walked up to the door and rang the bell. It had a typical Cuckoo bird's sound. The door was opened by a middle-aged woman, brown hair and a smiling face with shimmering eyes. I returned the gesture with a slight smile.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Ketchum" I said looking over her shoulder to see a raven-haired boy in shorts and an undershirt tripping over the stairs and falling on his face, leaving a loud 'ouch' as he grasped his nose. I wonder, he receives so many smacks from me and he even falls face-first but still his nose is straight. I sighed.

"Ash, I have told you to be slow on the staircase," Mrs. Ketchum said blankly as she turned to me, "and Serena, I have told you to be informal with me. Call me Delia. Come in, sorry for the 'accident' here," she sighed as she shook her head at the still-nose-clutching-Ash. 

"Well, Delia this accident is now a daily routine," as I received several glares from Ash.

"Some help?" Ash said.

Ash's POV

"Some help?" I said still waiting for either of the females to step forward and help me.

"I will be preparing some snacks for Serena, and Ash go and wear some clothes," my Mum shouted as she skipped to her kitchen. I was still on the ground, waiting.

"Help me up."

"Say the magic word first," she replied, almost singing.

This is what I get for telling her to say the magic word. "Please."

"Sure, you should have told me earlier," she grinned as she pulled me up.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

"I remember Delia telling you to wear some clothes," she said as she looked at me, head to toe.

 I ran upstairs and bolted the door from inside.

How embarrassing.

I face palmed and opened my closet and took out a fresh pair of pants and a polo shirt. After some time, I went downstairs to see Sere gobbling down some snacks and my Mum beaming with delight, enjoying Sere's praises and expressions. 

"Serena, never thought of asking but since you two are adolescents maybe your hormones  must be playing with you" my Mom said nervously.

"Umm, what do you mean, Delia" I heard Serena say. I hid behind the door and listened to their conversation.

"I mean do you like Ash?" 

I gulped.

"Not in that way, but I consider him as my closest friend and my little bro," I heard Serena's voice. At this point, I guess my heart skipped a beat. I felt pain in my chest for a short while. I shrugged it off and listened closely.

"Serena, I know your childhood has made you think like that but, you must move on," my mother continued.

This was breath-taking. I causally walked into the room making the ladies stop their conversation abruptly.

"I am hungry, mom. What do you have?" I asked.