Broken Promises And Tech Class

"Sit on the tub."

I did as told, while he rummaged through cabinets and pulled out medicinal cream. He also grabbed a small washrag and ran it under hot water, then commenced to rubbing my face. The makeup came off on the washrag, making me fidget under his touch.

"Why didn't you tell me you slipped?"

His voice filled with urgency and concern. I just shrugged, scratching my arm. Being in this position, made me highly uncomfortable. His bare upper body so close to me.

After wiping away the makeup, he gently rubbed some healing cream on my face. I made a face, as the cold white cream touched my bruised cheek. After he was all done, he washed his hands. I don't know why, but all I could do was stare at him. I watched as his back muscles flexed with every movement. For an older man, he was very fit. He actually looked much younger than what his real age. I wonder how old he is, anyway.

"M-M-Mr. P-P-Pe-Perez...?"

"Hmm?"

He wiped his hands on a towel, shaking his curls out his face. They just fell back into their natural place. I wasn't sure how to approach asking him, but I already caught his attention.

"...H-Ho-How o-o-old a-ar-are y-yo-you...?"

"Forty-two, but I'll be forty-three in eleven days."

My eyes expanded, but quickly returned to normal. He's forty-two!? How does he keep himself looking so young? He must've thought my actions were funny, so he laughed and folded his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, that's how everyone reacts when I tell them my age."

"I-is t-th-that h-ho-how o-old m-my m-mo-mother w-w-wo-would b-be?"

He frowned, then inhaled.

"No. She....she would be thirty-seven."

So, he was older than my mother? I opened my mouth to speak, but was interrupted when Marcelena's motherly voice yelled from downstairs. We both turned our head's in the direction of the door. I was surprised to know we could hear her from all the way up here.

"Helllooo Mr. Perrrrrrez!!" She rolled her r's, showing off her Brazilian accent.

"Marcelena's here. You should go downstairs, so she can look at your eye."

I nodded and jumped up to leave his bathroom, but not before turning back and seeing him untie the string of his pajamas, and close the door.

Sitting in class, it was weird having the events of this morning on my mind. Usually I'm focused on the work presented before me, but....I don't know. I'm just not focused. I dropped my pencil to rub my eyes and wipe my face.

What is wrong with me?

It could be a certain Papi Chulo that has you on edge...

Huh?

Oh, nothing....!

Shaking off the comments from a certain someone, I went back to these problems, only to be saved by the bell.

"F-Fi-Finally..."

I whispered to myself, collecting my things. I walked out of class with the rest of my peers only to almost get ran over. Luckily, I had caught myself before falling over. I was headed for my locker, and was surprised to see Trevor already there. He looked adorable with his single earring.