Chapter 3

LINCOLN IS NOT DEAD IN THIS STORY. PIKE HAD CONVICTED SOME OTHER CRIME, BECAUSE I WANT TO KEEP LINCOLN IN THIS STORY

Clarke

I turn around, and it-, it's really her. Lexa. My Lexa. Lexa who was shot by Titus but whom I met again in the City of Light.

My self-conscious breaks and I run as fast as I can towards her. She has a few cuts and bruises, but she's fine. I pull her in the tightest hug I could ever give her, and she smiles. "Oh, Clarke. You're alive."

I smile. "So are you." I feel tears streaming down my cheeks, but I know Lexa doesn't mind them. We break apart and I get lost in her gorgeous green eyes. Her Commander-mask breaks and she starts to cry.

"How--"

"By fighting for the woman I love, Clarke." She finishes my sentence. "The City blocks out pain, but love is the strongest thing to feel in battle, much stronger than pain. I knew you would survive, because you're strong, and I love you. They did not stand a chance against the strength of our love."

I smile once more, and she grabs my hands.

"But, we're the only ones left in here. Why? Is it the Flame? Is it because we don't deserve to go back? Is it--- Are we--?" She presses her finger against my mouth.

"No, ai hodnes (my love). It is because we were not ready to leave eachother here without knowing what would happen to the other. But now, we can go back." She smiles.

"How? I mean, you, you're... dead... in the real world."

She cups my face with my hand, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I was never dead, Clarke. The Flame saves my soul, my body died that day."

"But how do you return then? If your body is dead?"

""If you believe hard enough, my body will be restored. You'll have to think about every moment with me, every memory of me, anything."

"But, Lexa... How do I do that. I can't force every thought out of me."

"You can, Clarke. And it's easier than you think."

With that, she leans forward, and presses her lips on mine.

The world around us is twirling. Lexa's figure is starting to fade, but I won't let her go. She puts her hand on my waist, and I tangle my fingers in her hair. And we don't let go.

Octavia

I look over at Clarke once I make sure everyone is okay. Pike is lying down, his hand covering a wound, but I don't even care anymore. He'll pay soon enough.

Clarke seems to get her colour back in her cheeks. Abby notices too. She stands, letting go of Kane, and runs over to her, similarly to me.

"Is she coming back?" I ask.

"I honestly don't know." Abby starts poking something in Clarke's skin. "Her heart rate is steady at 63 bpm, her blood pressure is stable too. She's fine."

I sigh in relief and go back to my original spot, but I trip over one of the unconscious bodies. I sigh, mad at myself for somehow tripping, but it's expected. I'm exhausted.

A hand reaches over to me, and I look up to see who's hand it is.

Pike.

I smirk; I have a plan to bring him down, which works out in two ways for me, because I can enjoy it too. I take his hand, and he helps me get back up on my feet. I 'drop' my sword whilst standing up, and he picks it up for me too, the blade towards him, as I had expected. I take it, smiling at him, and shove it in his stomach.

He starts to cough up blood, but I just walk away. No revenge could ever make up for what he had done, and he does not deserve sad puppy faces looking at him in awe. It's the least I could do. I hear a body thump, and I smile. The deed is done.

Kane looks at me, not smiling, but I know he's glad Pike isn't around anymore.

Suddenly we hear a loud boom. At first I thought Raven had come over and threw her home-made fireworks in the air, but a supernatural light started to form around Clarke. Abby, who was standing next to Clarke, is thrown to the ground, and Kane rushes over to help her.

Clarke is starting to float in an upright position, and she holds her hands forward. The light is starting to dense towards a form in the arms of Clarke. It starts to take a humanoid form, a woman, presumably. They start making their way back to the ground and the form becomes more detailed. It's getting brown, long, wavy hair, and it's wearing armor. Once all the light has been dispersed, I could finally see who the person in Clarke's arms was.

Lexa.

Updates will probably not have a schedule yet. I have my final weeks of school, and the exam periods are racing towards me. For now, I think once a week will be my goal, but when I have my summer break I'll have more time. Thank you my Clexanians for reading. Love ya!