(Chapter 7: Real Love?)

The sun blurred out by clouds and snow lightly falling creating a blanket  above the earth. The holiday season begins today with feast of all feasts. Two hedgehogs are found sleeping along side each other, in embrace. *Sapphire flutters his emeralds eyes open to lay them on sleeping ebony. Excitement and anxiety struck Sonic at the moment. Is this a moment to remember or just another "mistake"? As Sonic try's to sort things out Shadow begins to wake. 
"Hmm, *yawn*, Sonic? Hmmm good morning," smiles Shadow. 
"Morning..." unenthusiastically by Sonic. 
"You're so energetic this morning," Shadow smirked at Sonic. 
"Funny..." 
"Hmm, ok what's the matter with you Sonic you normally don't act like this?" asked Shadow while sitting up on the bed. 
As Shadow watches Sonic sit up he swears he saw tears roll down his checks. 
"Are you crying, Sonic?" As Sonic begins to speak his voice cracks and reveals the truth. "I-I just d-don't know what to believe anymore."
"When this same situation happened a month ago you said it was a drunken mistake and I KNOW this is no drunken mistake this time." 
"So why is this time different from a month ago?" Sonic argues, head up and revealing his full out tears. Shadow is stunned to see Sonic crying so wildly in front of him. He is lost for words but knows exactly what to say. 
"This time, I know that our feelings are mutual." According to Sonics's bewildered face, he doesn't understand what "mutual" means. With a roll of his eyes, Shadow leans in and kisses Sonic. To Sonic's sadness it ended as fast as it started. 
"I like you Sonic and I know you like me as well; therefore, that's why this time is different from the last." Silence. Only kissing could be heard through out the room. Only parting to grab there breath, they stare into each others eyes. With a blush Sonic climbed out of bed, 
"um, well , I'm going to see if I can make some breakfast for us." With that he dashes to the kitchen and leaves Shadow in bed.    

    In the kitchen Sonic began to rummage through the fridge to find anything he can cook and not burn the house down. In a failed attempt he decided to just grab eggs and bacon and make a classic breakfast. As Sonic was cracking the eggs Shadow was walking down the stairs to the kitchen. Sonic, not hearing him, continued to fry eggs and bacon. The delicious smell roamed and swirled around the kitchen. After a few minutes Sonic was getting the food to place on the table when he was suddenly swept off his feet. 
"AHH," screeched Sonic!
"Heh, You scream like a girl," mocked Shadow.
"Shut up you surprised me!"
"Now put me down!"
"Suit yourself," With that Shadow let go of Sonic and fell straight to the floor. "Ouch! Now my ass has a dent," Sonic whined while getting up. "You know, when I said put me down I meant on my feet"
"Than you have should been more specific handsome". 
'Handsome?' Sonic thought. Sonic blushed at the compliment and smiled a little before turning to the table and sitting. "Well no use in having this food go to waste," said Sonic digging in to the food all ready. Shadow smiled, and walked over to Sonic and kissed his forehead before sitting down and enjoying his food. Sonic's smile widen.

After breakfast the couple headed to the grocery store to pick up some things. "Hey shadow, what do you do for thanksgiving today?" 
"To be honest, what is thanksgiving?"
"What?! You don't know what thanksgiving is??" 
"Its one of the best holidays!! You can stuff your face with so much food! Oh, and its about being thankful about things in your life."
"Well I'm thankful to have you," Shadow said while pulling Sonic close and nuzzling him. Sonic closed his eyes with a smile showing his contentment. A small purr was heard from the two. The moment was ruined when a cry from a certain pink girl was heard. "SONIC!!! WHERE ARE YOU?"
"How can she find me so fast!!? I swear to God she got an 'efing tracker on me!"
"Sorry Shadow but I got to go, I'll see you at home." With a quick peck on the lips Sonic dashed away just as Amy turned the corner. "Hey Shadow have you seen Sonic?" Amy asked while scanning the aisle. "No." Astern no. Shadow turned and strolled off. A distant yell can be heard from Amy.

          As night came Sonic finally made it home only to find Shadow sitting on the arm chair with a glass of champagne in one hand and a seductive smile on his face. With his cheeks darkening a rosie red Sonic asks, with his voice almost cracking, "Um…what's going on Shads?"
"Well you know I just thought you needed to relax a little after that game of hide and seek."  Shadow said as he stood and wrapping his arms around Sonic's waist from behind. Seductively whispering in Sonic's ear, "It may even get a little hot later in the bedroom." Sonic practically the shade of Knuckles, he rapidly turns and plants a passionate kiss on Shadow's tender lips. "Screw the food, we can make 'something else' together," grinned Sonic. Picking up Sonic, bridal style, Shadow hurriedly rushes up the stairs to the bedroom to start 'cooking'.