(Chapter 2: Only Just A Dream)

(flashback/dream)
Shadow was standing alone in the ARK ship, all of a sudden Maria was lying on the floor bleeding. "MARIA!!!!" Shadow ran to her aid.

He sat down beside her, he lifted her head onto his lap and cried."Mar*sniffle* Maria, u'll be ok." He tried to smile in comfort for her, but she could see the pain and fear in his eyes, all red and tearing. She gathered the rest of her strengh and looked up at Shadow, in her calm voice,"Shadow?" "Maria, shh rest, u'll be--be---ok." "Shadow, please*she put her hand on his face* its too late, I will be--ok, just not here, promise me this...." 

"Anything! Please just, just don't go" "I'm sorry Sha-dow, i will always love you, promise me, promise me u'll be happy, for me." She smiled, as he brought her up to hug her,"I promise, i love you too."

She closed her eyes, and died in his arms. "Maria! Marie....no..."
All of a sudden Maria's body was turning into dust and was being blown away by a wind. Shadow chased the dust. Then he stopped and was shaking all over, he closed his eyes tightly and tried to stop but the pushy feeling only got stronger, then he heard someone calling his named from afar.

Shadow fell to the ground and looked up, a blue blue in the distance, "Sonic?" he called out, it didn't answer, it only came closer. Shadow looked more closely to see that the blue blur had red on it too. It stood beside him. A little girl hedgehog, sky blue with red stipes like him, she had black and red bangs, and had a black dimond in the middle of her forehead. Her eyes were red, like his too, they shimmered in the hallway lights. "Wake up Shadow, wake up!"she said.

"What?", she repeated, "Shadow, wake up!."

(End Of Dream)

Shadow thrusted his head up, he was sweating, and panting, he was back in bed.
"Shadow, are u ok?" Sonic was on the floor cleaning up spilt water on Shadow's side of the bed."What happened, were am I?" Shadow looked puzzled looking down at Sonic on the floor. 

"Its ok Shadow, you just had a bad dream about Maria again, you just knocked over your water, I got it." He grinned and went back to cleaning the spill.
"Maria? Again? How do you know what my dream was about?" Shaow asked rubbing his tired eyes.

"You were yelling out her name, i tried to wake you by shaking you but you swung ur arm and the cup went flying!" Sonic got up and put the cup on Shadow's night stand. He walked into their bathroom to rince out the rag.
"I'm sorry for waking you up at...5 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!!" Shadow looked at the cable box stunned. "O Sonic i am so sorry!"

"Its ok! I had to get up to pee anyway, the question is, are u ok?"
"I'm fine, why ask? Do i look that bad?"
"No its just, this is the fifth night this month u've had a nightmare! Is something the matter?"Sonic came into the room and sat next to Shadow on the bed.

"Fifth!?! Really? I feel fine, I didn't mean to wake you up so many times, its just this girl....."
"Girl? Maria?" Sonic questioned going underthe covers.
"No, it was a little hedgehog, she looks like you, kinda...." Shadow fell back into his pillow and looked up at Sonic. He smiled. "I love you."

"I love you so much." Sonic lyed down by Shadow and held him close, then he rubbed his wet nose against Shadow's.
"How?"Shadow asked."How do you love me?"

"Let me see,*he looked up* I love you so much that i deal with ur snoring!"
"I snore?" Shadow started to laugh.
"Like a cow! You also kick at night, i think you gave me a bruise!"
"Really?" Shadow kept laughing.

"I also love the way you make me breakfast, like later?"
Shadow yawned."Yea---I'll do it--for you *yawn* later" He fell asleep in Sonic arms who was wide awake. "Shadow?" Shadow was fast asleep, he gave out a big snore."Yea ur asleep." 

Sonic slowly wiggled free of his lover's arms and got up from the bed, he then up the rest of the covers on Shadow. He went out of the room and then down the stairs past the dinning room into the kitchen. He poured himself some coffee and sat down at the kitchen table. He was thinking about the girl Shadow was starting to talk about that looked like him.

"I wonder who that girl is, she looks like me?" Sonic thought aboutit more and then shrugged. "Im going for a run!" he says getting up from the chair and walking to the door exiting to feel the fresh air hit him as he began the run.

"Ill be back my Shaddikku."