(Chapter 3: The Trigger)

The colored leaves of the trees are falling lightly to the ground. Soon enough all the leaves will have fallen and the season has changed. Sonic seems to be distracted most of the time, after that dream. He can't get up in the morning with out having to fall once. He can't keep his mind on one thing for about a minute, unless its about Shadow. He can't even talk to his friends without being in his own little world! All who care for him is worried. At a juice bar, 3 friends were enjoying some juice. They also were talking about a certain blue, speedy hedgehog.

"How come Sonic is so...diffrent now?" asked a conserned small yellow fox

"I'm not sure, but if he soesn't knock out of it soon I'll just have to knock him out myself!"answered a tempered, but conserned, red echidna.

"C'mon Knuckles, you don't always have to answer every question by force," said a pink hedgehog leaning in her chair.

"Why not?"
"You do it too, with that hammer of yours!"

"I don't ALWAYS solve my problems that way!"

"Most of the time you do!"

"How about I solve this problem now!" Amy stood and knocked the chair down. She pulled out her piko piko hammer and prepared to knock Knuckles out for about a week! Knuckles just stood from his chair and pushed it in like a gentleman. (wow!) He stepped away from the table so amy won't destroy it and make him pay for it. "Oh joy, more attention," Tails was just sick of those two fighting all the time and bringing more attention then the fight needs to have. With a quick swing of the hammer the fight begins. Knuckles jumped to dodge the swing of the hammer. It slamed on to the floor, it felt as ifan earthquake has just emerged! Everyone screamed and fell to the ground! The concret floor had cracks in it! The tables fell to the floor and broke! Tails flew off his chair and fell on to the floor, his drink fell on top of his head. Blueberry banana smoothie was dripping down his head,"Now I'm just annoyed," Tails was just tired of that day now. When Tails stood up and shook the smoothie off his head he saw Sonic walk closer to the fight scene. "Tails why is your head all sticky?" hye asked as he was picking up a few pices of fur on his head. 
"Ugh...well...a smoothie fell on me." 

"How?"

"Amy made an earthquake with her hammer."
As Sonic turned his head to face amy he saw her trying to hit knuckles and knuckles trying to hold back the hammer. Sonic just turned away and said, "I won't ask." Tails replied,"Good." As Sonic began to walk he saw Shadow. Sonic bowed his head so Shadow wouldn't see him, although it wouldn't have mattered if he bowed his head or not. Sonic tripped from one of the cracks in the ground made by amy. Shadow saw Sonic trip so he thought and acted fast. Shadow ran to Sonic at top speed and slid down to catch him. Sonic landed on Shadows snow white cheast hair. He was blushing wildly as he fell in to Shadows arms, luckly Shadow didn't see. As soon as Sonic fell into his arms, Shadow wrapped his arms around Sonic's warm body. "Are you alright Sonic?" Sonic tilted his head up to meet Shadows gaze.
"Yeah, I'm fine," by now Sonic stopped blushing, he knew Shadow would suspect something if his cheeks were rosey red. "Thanks Shadow."

"No problem." 

Shadows grip around Sonic's waist tightened and Sonic started to blush again because their faces were only inches away now. They were gazing into each others eyes until Shadow remembered they were still in public. He quickly let go of Sonic's body and pushed him off softly to stand up. "I guess I'll see you later," Shadow turned away without another word. "Yeah, see ya later," Sonci sat on the floor for a moment, thinking of what Shadow thought of him. Sonic doesn't know this but Shadow is thinking the same as he walks home. Sonic stood up and ran as fast as he can back home. Amy and Knuckles are still fighting and didn't notice Sonic or Shadow or that little moment they had. On the other hand, Tails saw everything and was pondering on what other people would never believe Sonic to be...gay. The same goes for Shadow. Tails set that thought aside for now but would bring it back up later. Tails decided to leave, he knew if he stayed he would have to pay for all the broken tables and chairs himself. "Let amy and knuckles pay for all the stuff," he said to himself as he was walking away.

The day has turned to night. Dazzling stars dancing around the moon. Sonic was in his bedroom, sitting near the window, thinking of Shadow. Shadow was in his bedroom, sitting near the window, thinking of Sonic. As the stars danced the two hedgehogs thought of each other.