The birth (part 2)

"Just breathe. Keep breathing."

The pain was almost unbearable. You had started to get your contractions in the car and they were now almost constant as you pull up to the hospital.

Ben turns the keys and undoes his seatbelt. The car stops with a slow rumble. He takes your hand and uses his other one to run his fingers through his hair. He sighs and looks at you.

"It's happening. Now, you grip my hand as tight as you want, okay? I'm not going anywhere."

You smile at him but it soon turns into a grimace as a new wave of pain flows through you. You groan and squeeze Benedicts hand. Tight.

The pain starts to subside a bit and you loosen your hold. Ben is staring at you, shocked.

"Woah. Okay, lets get you inside."

He gets out and rushes round to your side of the car to open the passenger door. Leaning over you, he fumbles with the seatbelt until it's undone. He takes both your hands and you swivel round so you're facing him and your feet are outside. Benedict pulls you slowly up until you are standing and wraps an arm round your waist, supporting you.

Luckily, Ben had phoned the hospital just before he started to drive so they were expecting you. By the time you had finally made your way into reception, a wheelchair had been set out for you. You sink into it gratefully and the two of you make your way to the room allocated. 

There's a few moments of quiet whilst waiting for the doctor. Your back aches and you feel sick and scared. Benedict is in a chair next to you and despite his earlier shock, seems pretty positive.

"Y/N is there anything I can do to help right now? You hungry?"

"Just be here please. I feel sick and even my back hurts right now."

Ben joins you on the bed and carefully leans you forward, rubbing your back. You notice he's trying to hide his smile and you grin at him and raise your eyebrows.

"Okay so maybe I'm not that good of an actor!" he says, chuckling.

"But seriously, is it alright for me to be excited?"

"It's great that you're excited, but when I'm screaming in agony just promise me you won't start cheering!"

"It's a deal. Now lets have a baby."

The doctor enters the room and you know it's nearly time to start pushing. As Benedict rushes over to ask her questions, you watch him and try to mentally prepare yourself.

Please comment if you enjoyed it and tell me what you want to happen next! Sorry if it's unrealistic but I've never had a baby and I relied on the internet for information. I really hope my parents don't look at my web history 'cause otherwise I have some explaining to do :/